By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why buy the PS4?

Graphical fidelity is one improvement. Larger, seamless dynamic worlds that have vast numbers of intelligent A.I. Imaginean online fps that has day/night cycles.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
The first Party studios you silly =P

Sucker Punch
Naughty Dog
Guerilla Games
Media Molecule
Santa Monica
ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always envied the output of ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Studios. "UnResisted 4: Fall of the Risen" and "Uncle Kaz's Hot Tub" often created moral conflicts in my fanboy mind.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

pezus said:

We'll see on the 20th

Is new optical media the only thing that entices you to buy a console?

Maybe not for him, but I am sure that people bought  a PS2, or PS3, and did not know it was a console. The only reason I had a PS2 in my house was because my dad saw it as  a DVD player. New optical media is not the sole reason why Sony consoles sell, but it does have a significant impact.

HoloDust said:

Indeed!

It wont offer a new optical format, but it will offer more functionality than the PS3. Not only more apps and services, but faster access to them, multi-tasking....etc. Most importantly.....games. Games not possible on PS3, games not available on PS3.

Around the Network

For the games?

I don´t know about you, but I love the variety of Sony´s 1st/2nd party games, and if I want to keep playing them, which I do, I´ll have to get me a PS4.

Adinnieken said:

With the PS1, PS2, and PS3 there were additional, technical reasons why to purchase the latest console.  However, the PS4 won't really offer any major advancement over the previous iteration except for graphic fidelity and overall CPU power.  But tech wise, no new optical media as with the PS1, PS2, or PS3.

So what reason is there to buy the PS4?

If those were the only legitimate reasons to buy a console no one would've ever bought any console made by Nintendo!

For Versus 13 obviously, using the PS4's new vapour condensing technology.

Somini said:
Adinnieken said:

With the PS1, PS2, and PS3 there were additional, technical reasons why to purchase the latest console.  However, the PS4 won't really offer any major advancement over the previous iteration except for graphic fidelity and overall CPU power.  But tech wise, no new optical media as with the PS1, PS2, or PS3.

So what reason is there to buy the PS4?

If those were the only legitimate reasons to buy a console no one would've ever bought any console made by Nintendo!

That did happen to a certain extent. See the N64 and GC.