By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why buy the PS4?

1.) The American people are afraid of change I think. It takes us to experience before believing as with the Wii. The controller has always been something Nintendo excelled at. If Sony and Microsoft don't come up with something to differenciate themselves from Nintendo then they'll have a hard time selling the product as a new console rather than an upgraded PS3 or 360.

2.) Power in a console means nothing to me. Nintendo has never complained about their own hardware and the top 15 best selling games of all time are Nintendo software. 8, I think are Wii games. The Wii obviously lacked the HD quality of the PS3 and the 360 but Nintendo has always found a work around. I thought Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were on a PS3 at first when the first leaked screens appeared. Now that's how it's done. It's not what hardware you have, it's what you do with the hardware, I think.

3.)I don't think their IPs can compete, let's be honest. I think SSBU will steal the show by itself if Sony and Microsoft don't have anything that produces a Wow factor like SSBB did.

4.) Once again I really don't care for power. Wii U has graphics good enough. Gone are the days when people played games for fun. I thought that's what it was all about. There's only so far you can go with specs and I don't think specs alone will win this console war. On the filpside I love my Wii U:)

I respect your opinions, these are just mine.

Around the Network

Sony Fans want it, that's why.

Just like how I want the Wii U. If I wasn't a Nintendo Fan then I wouldn't poke that thing with a 50-foot stick!

Adinnieken said:

With the PS1, PS2, and PS3 there were additional, technical reasons why to purchase the latest console.  However, the PS4 won't really offer any major advancement over the previous iteration except for graphic fidelity and overall CPU power.  But tech wise, no new optical media as with the PS1, PS2, or PS3.

So what reason is there to buy the PS4?

Wait on the specs and what it does.  If what you said is true, then that is an interesting general question to ask.

HoloDust said:

A picture really = 1,000 words. This sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Why not?

Around the Network

Variety in games.

Nintendo missed the 8th gen war by releasing two 7th gen consoles.

Microsoft will not have Sony first party games, will keep charging for online, pushing Kinect, putting ADs all over your face and Windows 8.

There you go by elimination, enough reasons to own a PS4.

To play the best games a console can offer.

Well, if you're like me and don't own a PS3, having BC could be a HUGE reason alone as long as Sony makes that a possibility, along with a cheaper price than MS's next console. Sadly, I doubt either of these will come to pass. But also, I'm interested in seeing how Sony pushes the graphical boundaries. PS4 would basically become my third party platform, in addition to a few Sony franchises that interest me like Uncharted, God of War, and LBP.

I'm definitly going to buy either a 720 or PS4 (always gotta go Nintendo for my other console). Which one depends on whichever company offers more incentive. Last gen it was MS, but it could very well be Sony this gen. But the two main drivers to convince me to go Sony next gen are relatively cheap price and BC.

Adinnieken said:

With the PS1, PS2, and PS3 there were additional, technical reasons why to purchase the latest console.  However, the PS4 won't really offer any major advancement over the previous iteration except for graphic fidelity and overall CPU power.  But tech wise, no new optical media as with the PS1, PS2, or PS3.

So what reason is there to buy the PS4?

lol, you only bought the ps3 for its bluray drive? Some people buy consoles to play games on them.