By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will The Last Guardian still release on PS3?

Will The Last Guardian still release on PS3?

Yes. 32 32.00%

No. 68 68.00%

Total:100
UnitSmiley said:

@Galvanizer

Yeah I gotcha. I totally love Ico and Sotc. Kinda sad that we havn't seen anything from them this gen :/

It's really sad considering ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were among the most emotional and poignant games of last gen. To think the director of these two games has not worked on a single game this gen is really upsetting. It just makes the PS3 feel like it didn't reach its full potential with 1st party games. I really hope The Last Guardian stays on PS3 so we get a least one game from him this gen.

Around the Network

Only if its cross platform, either way it will 100% be on ps4. Once a new console arrives you never see 1st party content made exclusive to the previous system.

I imagine once they got an idea of when the game would finally arrive, they began porting it to ps4. This probably would have happened in 2011.

I'm guessing when they sent over the Santa Monica people they basically revamped the project and started coding for PS4 since we hadn't seen anything in forever. That was 2010 or 2011 I think so we can reasonably say that they probably had started developing PS4 games by then (considering GG, MM, SP, and the one ND team had their last big releases then and have probably been doing SOMETHING)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Wouldn't be suprised if it came to PS3, wouldn't be suprised if it came to PS4, wouldn't be suprised if it was shelved.

Proclus said:
Wouldn't be suprised if it came to PS3, wouldn't be suprised if it came to PS4, wouldn't be suprised if it was shelved.

would you be surprised if it turned into a Nintendo exclusive FPS?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I doubt it's been moved completely to PS4 since the last guardian has been worked on since 2007. PS4 dev kits didn't exist back then, it's only possible if they port it to PS4, not develop it from the ground up.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

PS5 maybe, if we are lucky.

It's all now like a hope against hope.

Galvanizer said:
Turkish said:
You can bet this game moved to the PS4, or its a cross gen title.

I don't mind if it's now for both PS3 and PS4, but I really hope it has not become a PS4 exclusive.

I hoep it is a PS4 exclusive, otherwise it'll look dated as hell. It's so old now that most likely the engine hasn't dated well. 

platformmaster918 said:
Proclus said:

would you be surprised if it turned into a Nintendo exclusive FPS?

Nope, might be something Team Ico is actually capable of making.