By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends: exclusive demo to Wii U - Reactions

oniyide said:
Demensha said:
oniyide said:
cusman said:

Please sign the petition to Ubisoft to keep the original release date planned for Rayman Legends on Wii U

It can release to other platforms whenever those versions are ready for consumers

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-keep-to-the-original-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u

Regardless of which console you prefer to ultimately play the game on, I hope you take a moment to think about this issue, have some emphathy for the Wii U gamers who have no game releases in Feb 2013 other than Rayman Legends which they were looking forward to, and then do the right thing and join the petition.

Thanks

Isnt Aliens coming out next week?

I thought wii u version was delayed 3-4 weeks for one unknown reason.

I honestly did not know that. Just checked Amazon and they dont even have a release date for Wii U version. So their is really nothing in Feb. for Wii U...that does suck.

AFAIK it was never confirmed to come out at the same time as the other versions. On the other hand I very much doubt that it's as good as Rayman Legends or LEGO City Undercover.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
oniyide said:
Demensha said:
oniyide said:
cusman said:

Please sign the petition to Ubisoft to keep the original release date planned for Rayman Legends on Wii U

It can release to other platforms whenever those versions are ready for consumers

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-keep-to-the-original-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u

Regardless of which console you prefer to ultimately play the game on, I hope you take a moment to think about this issue, have some emphathy for the Wii U gamers who have no game releases in Feb 2013 other than Rayman Legends which they were looking forward to, and then do the right thing and join the petition.

Thanks

I honestly did not know that. Just checked Amazon and they dont even have a release date for Wii U version. So their is really nothing in Feb. for Wii U...that does suck.

AFAIK it was never confirmed to come out at the same time as the other versions. On the other hand I very much doubt that it's as good as Rayman Legends or LEGO City Undercover.

That might be true but from what i read i had no reason to believe it WOULDNT release the same date as others. And whether it is as good as those other two is irrelevant. THere not even in the same genre, and my friend(whose judgement i trust) is raving about it. I can see how the game isnt as important, seeing as Rayman was timed exclusive and Lego is exclusive

LOL i'm getting a WiiU now!

Was going to avoid purchasing this game just to spite Ubisoft, but after hearing how hard the developers labored over the game and how angered they were by the game being pushed back, I can't bring myself to do it. I'll just buy it for like $10 bucks once it hits the bargain bin next year. Besides,  that is the price it would probably have been come September anyway, had it been released when it was originally scheduled.

oniyide said:
Barozi said:
oniyide said:
Demensha said:
oniyide said:
cusman said:

Thanks

That might be true but from what i read i had no reason to believe it WOULDNT release the same date as others. And whether it is as good as those other two is irrelevant. THere not even in the same genre, and my friend(whose judgement i trust) is raving about it. I can see how the game isnt as important, seeing as Rayman was timed exclusive and Lego is exclusive

In Australia the game had always a TBA next to the Wii U version. 

Also another kick in the balls was that the WiiU does not appear to have the Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition just the standard game.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
ECM said:
oniyide said:
Spazzy_D said:
I love when people make a big deal out of game most of them wouldn't have bought, anyway. I love Xenoblade, but I wonder how many copies it would have sold if it had released without all the operation rain fall hype.

+1 I bet half the people complaning now wouldnt have even bought the game at launch and just waited for a price drop

I keep seeing this--from fans of other machines, nach--stating it like it's actually true so, out of curiosity, what is the logic this statement is based on? Projection? As in: this is what you'd have done if you were in the same position? Since nobody actually offers up a raionale for this belief and just states it as self-evident, there must be some sort of logic undergirding it, right?

Nearly every WiiU owner is probably a dedicated Nintendo fan since there isn't much reason to buy one yet outside of future promise of Nintendo games.  Rayman Origins sold 420k on Wii, most of those bargain bin prices.

So when you take the entire Wii userbase into account, and the fact that a lot of those people who did buy RO in Wii weren't even die hard Rayman fans (16k first week), the amount of actual Rayman megafans who own WiiU is probably tiny, with the total amount of interested people not much bigger.

Is a much more realistic scenario that majority of people who both own a WiiU and wanted to play Rayman Legends would have been waiting for a price drop anyway, with most of the complaints out of principle or just fanboyism.

How about the fact that the game was about to release in the middle of a software drought and an undisclosed number of people would have given the game a shot that would otherwise not be that interested in the game? Your scientific Rayman Origins approach falls flat on it's face because the situations are in no way comparable. Extrapolating Legends sales from Origin sales is disingenious because I don't think anybody would be like "Oh I haven't played Origins, I shouldn't buy Legends because I wouldn't understand the story". Anecdotal, but I bought Origins out of the bin and had this game preordered, so your asumption is at least wrong by 1.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Nice. Today I cancelled Rayman Legends actual demo. Here my UBI-boy-cott plan starts. I won't buy or play any Ubisoft product for 2 years, until 11th february 2015. Bye Bye Ubi.

AstroMaSSi rules

Just wanted to share a new video I just saw!! I think this just explains are anger!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZh9AnQSx3Y

Ubosoft sucks. why ubisodt why

KylieDog said:
Chandler said:
KylieDog said:
ECM said:
oniyide said:
Spazzy_D said:
I love when people make a big deal out of game most of them wouldn't have bought, anyway. I love Xenoblade, but I wonder how many copies it would have sold if it had released without all the operation rain fall hype.

+1 I bet half the people complaning now wouldnt have even bought the game at launch and just waited for a price drop

I keep seeing this--from fans of other machines, nach--stating it like it's actually true so, out of curiosity, what is the logic this statement is based on? Projection? As in: this is what you'd have done if you were in the same position? Since nobody actually offers up a raionale for this belief and just states it as self-evident, there must be some sort of logic undergirding it, right?

Nearly every WiiU owner is probably a dedicated Nintendo fan since there isn't much reason to buy one yet outside of future promise of Nintendo games.  Rayman Origins sold 420k on Wii, most of those bargain bin prices.

So when you take the entire Wii userbase into account, and the fact that a lot of those people who did buy RO in Wii weren't even die hard Rayman fans (16k first week), the amount of actual Rayman megafans who own WiiU is probably tiny, with the total amount of interested people not much bigger.

Is a much more realistic scenario that majority of people who both own a WiiU and wanted to play Rayman Legends would have been waiting for a price drop anyway, with most of the complaints out of principle or just fanboyism.

How about the fact that the game was about to release in the middle of a software drought and an undisclosed number of people would have given the game a shot that would otherwise not be that interested in the game? Your scientific Rayman Origins approach falls flat on it's face because the situations are in no way comparable. Extrapolating Legends sales from Origin sales is disingenious because I don't think anybody would be like "Oh I haven't played Origins, I shouldn't buy Legends because I wouldn't understand the story". Anecdotal, but I bought Origins out of the bin and had this game preordered, so your asumption is at least wrong by 1.

I said majority, you're obviously in the minority.  What I said still stands.

Your post is still fundamentally build on your own fantasies. Would, should, could, probably. Your only real world anchor are the origins sales and I already stated that the circumstances are way too different to draw any conclusions from them. If your premise is false, your conclusions can't stand.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.