By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends: exclusive demo to Wii U - Reactions

KylieDog said:
ECM said:
oniyide said:
Spazzy_D said:
I love when people make a big deal out of game most of them wouldn't have bought, anyway. I love Xenoblade, but I wonder how many copies it would have sold if it had released without all the operation rain fall hype.

+1 I bet half the people complaning now wouldnt have even bought the game at launch and just waited for a price drop

I keep seeing this--from fans of other machines, nach--stating it like it's actually true so, out of curiosity, what is the logic this statement is based on? Projection? As in: this is what you'd have done if you were in the same position? Since nobody actually offers up a raionale for this belief and just states it as self-evident, there must be some sort of logic undergirding it, right?

Nearly every WiiU owner is probably a dedicated Nintendo fan since there isn't much reason to buy one yet outside of future promise of Nintendo games.  Rayman Origins sold 420k on Wii, most of those bargain bin prices.

So when you take the entire Wii userbase into account, and the fact that a lot of those people who did buy RO in Wii weren't even die hard Rayman fans (16k first week), the amount of actual Rayman megafans who own WiiU is probably tiny, with the total amount of interested people not much bigger.

Is a much more realistic scenario that majority of people who both own a WiiU and wanted to play Rayman Legends would have been waiting for a price drop anyway, with most of the complaints out of principle or just fanboyism.

Ok logic would tell you in that case why bother claiming its a wii u exclusive. In all honesty it's all ubisofts fault, and before another douche says we are childish look at the comments from Sony Microsoft gamers about bayoneta 2. Imagine a game you promised your kid a game and have to keep explaining why he can't get it for another 7 months for no good reason. Opinions are like assholes we all have them; however, what comes out of those assholes can stink or be loud or muffled long or short either way we are all entitled to it period.

Just not in an elevator ;)

Around the Network

Ubisoft sucks.

I'm still going to keep my pre order on newegg since I got the pre order deal and it will only cost me 38 bucks total brand new but it's kinda fucked up that I can't play it this month and have to wait another 7 months for it even though it's a finished product already, it's really an ass thing to do to the consumers. In other news, I just noticed that Newegg has Bayonetta 2 dated in May which is prolly not likely lol....

oniyide said:
Demensha said:
oniyide said:
cusman said:

Please sign the petition to Ubisoft to keep the original release date planned for Rayman Legends on Wii U

It can release to other platforms whenever those versions are ready for consumers

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-keep-to-the-original-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u

Regardless of which console you prefer to ultimately play the game on, I hope you take a moment to think about this issue, have some emphathy for the Wii U gamers who have no game releases in Feb 2013 other than Rayman Legends which they were looking forward to, and then do the right thing and join the petition.

Thanks

Isnt Aliens coming out next week?

I thought wii u version was delayed 3-4 weeks for one unknown reason.

I honestly did not know that. Just checked Amazon and they dont even have a release date for Wii U version. So their is really nothing in Feb. for Wii U...that does suck.

It's just really weird, they literally have no competition if they release it later this month on Wii U, instead they are going to run into GTA 5, it's like "huh?"

dahuman said:
oniyide said:
Demensha said:
oniyide said:
cusman said:

Please sign the petition to Ubisoft to keep the original release date planned for Rayman Legends on Wii U

It can release to other platforms whenever those versions are ready for consumers

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-keep-to-the-original-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u

Regardless of which console you prefer to ultimately play the game on, I hope you take a moment to think about this issue, have some emphathy for the Wii U gamers who have no game releases in Feb 2013 other than Rayman Legends which they were looking forward to, and then do the right thing and join the petition.

Thanks

Isnt Aliens coming out next week?

I thought wii u version was delayed 3-4 weeks for one unknown reason.

I honestly did not know that. Just checked Amazon and they dont even have a release date for Wii U version. So their is really nothing in Feb. for Wii U...that does suck.

It's just really weird, they literally have no competition if they release it later this month on Wii U, instead they are going to run into GTA 5, it's like "huh?"

oh i never argued that. IMHO they just are doing weird things with this whole franchise, they let it get overrun by the Rabbids spinoff. Decide to bring it back, then have it go from a PSN/XBL game to a 50-60 retail game that very little people were going to buy for that price anyway on the same day as their own AC Revelations game. Late ass port for Vita even later port for 3ds. Then Legends was annouced as an exclusive for Wii U which didnt make any sense to begin with, then most of us guessed it was timed exclusive which is ok, but ended getting delayed 2 freaking times anyway. 

As as PS3 owner with no WIi U i would have been fine just getting the game later, dont see why they need to leave money on the table, im not one of these entitled guys that wouldnt buy a "late" port

Around the Network

third party devs have been mocking nintendo for years. that is why gamers are sad, most of them are not mad bud really sad. every Wii U port is released after any other version, how the hell is going to sell like that? the same excuse you are giving to delay Rayman on Wii U now that it is complete? why that does not apply to Nintendo's favor? you see guys, it is not that the world ended because of this but it is the nail in the coffing to Nintendo's fans. it is not exclusivity because Resident Evil Revelations and Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge were all anounced to come to other platforms but never heard a word from fans about that. Look i don't even need to call a boycot, with time the level of priority of Rayman Legends in my library, like other gamers, will go from a first day buy on february to the last one on september. why? because on september there is a huuuge titles called by everybody on the gaming industry, a game that needed around $100 millions to be developed GTAV, how big you think their campaign will be?, a few weeks laer on october when people have just started to play GTAV, there comes another monster POKEMON with its first WORLWIDE RELEASE, Killzone for PS3 owners. On Wii U's side alone, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta2, Lego City Undercover, PIKMIN3, Mario Kart and Mario3D hyped from E3. There you go Rayman Legend, rest in peace. And yes, we are hungry for games, Rayman Legends was going to be at the perfect time to shine by itself, but Ubisoft wanted more money, its a shame because it seems no third party devs appreciate the Nintendo fans and Nintendo itself.

Eh. I was looking forward to Rayman Legends but it's not like it's something I HAVE to play right now, and it's not like Rayman Legends was the system seller that was going to push the Wii U to new heights. I would have definitely bought it in the duldrums of february, but I'm not so sure I'll buy it in September when Wonderful 101, Wind Waker, and other games are available, not to mention stuff on other consoles.

if i sound like a downer its as cbarro said 3rd party devs keep doing this to nintendo. remember when ff went to 360 as well as sony i think one of my old friends head popped when i told him. guess im just tired of having to deal with it.

gatito said:
When did Rayman become so relevant? He doesn't even have arms!

Neither do the Miis in Wii Sports and that was a pretty big deal.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

pokoko said:
The interesting thing about this entire scenario is how many Nintendo fans are pushing for boycotts and throwing firebombs at Ubisoft--the third-party publisher that has probably shown the most support for Nintendo. Smart, that.

So what happens if every single Wii U owner only buys a used copy of Rayman Legends (hah)? What's the goal with that? Is it to push Ubisoft off the Nintendo platform? Yeah, they certainly deserve that, what with developing a Wii U launch title and everything. Is it to get Ubisoft thinking, "hey, you know, we did the right thing, the Rayman Wii U numbers are horrible," so that they can feel justified in their decision? How very charitable.

I think some people need to take a step back and rethink this. You have to wait a few more months, so what? It's not like the game is going to magically get worse. If you wanted to play it now then you should still want to play it later. Anyone out there boycotting Pikmin for their delay? No? If you can survive that, you can survive this.

I remember a lot of people saying, "a real fan would buy a Wii U to play Bayonetta 2". A real fan can't wait a few extra months? Seriously?

Really, though, go ahead with the plan to convince third-party publishers to stay away from the Wii U. Give them negative numbers they can look at. That way you can feel a rush of triumph when Ubisoft skips over the Wii U development entirely.

1. Pikmin 3 is not finished and delayed 7 months just for the sake.

2. Buying or not it will end in the same terrible support. If the few people interested buy it, it will be less than now (for the Wii U version) as some will likely get for a console they already have. Also, Ubisoft will see that nothing happened and the userbase for the console will still buy their games, and when they look at the even worse numbers no more support. On the other hand, if people "boycott" and don't buy it, Ubisoft will likely take off their support.

Doesn't matter what people choose to do, it will end bad. Also, why you didn't mentioned the effort that some are doing with the petition to bring the game? Is that also a boycott? Or just focusing on bad reactions ignoring the other things a "real fan" can do as begg for the game?

In the end, this is also Nintendo's fault. There's no way they didn't knew about this. Plus, they are responsable for creating a big active userbase. They mentioned about learning their lesson with the 3ds and those cancelled/delayed games. It's again the same history, but I'm not so confident for a Wii U turn like the 3ds.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile