By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now that Sony has stopped manufacturing PS2s name your top 5 PS2 games.

1. Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Gran Turismo 4
4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
5. Shadow of the Colossus

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 3
Mega Man X8
Xenosaga Episode 1
Okami
Resident Evil 4

In no particular order.

Mazty said:
UnitSmiley said:
1. Shadow of the colossus
2. Ico
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Final Fantasy XII
5. Metal Gear Solid 3

Oh many I had so many other great games too, PS2 was a beast.

I've heard lots about Ico. Compared to SotC what's it like?

Well they both look pretty similar but Ico places more emphasis on puzzle solving and protecting Yorda (the girl) from these shadowy creatures that try to drag her into the ground. You can hold L1 to hold her and and pull her along as you explore or you can leave her and move faster on your own, but if she's alone it's a lot more likely that she will be attacked. She's not totally useless though as she can use her unique magic to unlock certain doors or reveal paths. Some of the puzzles require the pair to be split up, and that means an imminent fight. Luckily Ico (boy) finds a wooden sword to fend them off (you come across different weapons by playing the game).

Though not quite as intense as the gigantic boss fights of SotC, It still can get pretty intense with Yorda is being dragged into the ground and some shadowy fiend has just knocked you down and you only have seconds to free her from their grip.

What's awesome about it though is how Ico and Yorda don't speak the same language. Yet they can still communicate through body language and tones. They end up forming a bond as you play through the game. It's a pretty awesome game that you'll like if you enjoyed the feel and atmosphere of SotC.

SotC= Artsy/Giant boss battles

Ico = Atrsy/ smaller engagements and puzzles.

1.persona 4
2.kingdom hearts 2
3.persona 3
4.sly 3
5.sly 2

tagged

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 2
Final Fantasy X
These two games really redefined games for me. Metal Gear Solid 2 because it's not an actual game (No it's not a movie either). Final Fantasy X, because I've never seen anything so beautiful before
Kingdom Hearts 2
Devil May Cry 3
Metal Gear Solid 3

1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. God of War II
3. DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
4. Shadow of The Colossus
5.Resident Evil 4

Edit: Completely forgot about Tenkaichi 3. My favorite fighting/DBZ game ever. I had so much fun playing it. Too many damn PS2 games. Top 30 would be easy to fill up.

1: Shadow of The Colossus
2: FF12
3: MGS3
4: God of War2
5: Vice City

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

1. Metal Gear Solid 3
2. GTA: San Andreas