By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony believes PS3 could catch Xbox 360 this summer

They also have one of Reeves' older gems (July 2007):

"PlayStation 3, you will see, will be far and away the winner when you look at it by March '08. They really, really will," he stated. "It's something that is going to be a slow burner, and suddenly it's like a tsunami; it will just overtake you."

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

I really wouldn't be shocked if the PS3 did pass the 360 by the end of summer. The PS3 is consistantly out selling 360 even without any big titles coming out right now to drive sales, so its not hard to imagine that it'll be worse as the big games drop.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

In Eu/Others; I agree. WW? No (with 60 o's)...

In europe others right?

WAR_MACHINE77 said:
I really wouldn't be shocked if the PS3 did pass the 360 by the end of summer. The PS3 is consistantly out selling 360 even without any big titles coming out right now to drive sales, so its not hard to imagine that it'll be worse as the big games drop.

I'm bookmarking this thread to pull out August 31st to get a great laugh ... in Europe? Possible. Worldwide? Are you ill? LOL ... 

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:
Sony say alot of shit, I stopped listening after they said the ps2 would have Toy Story 2 graphics.

They did, you just had to watch them in CG videos during the FF games ;)

^ That is hilarious, but true. I think that toy story graphics are ugly though.

Good luck with that.

The week-to-week numbers continue to fall and the reality is that the price drop spurred demand at a critical time (Christmas), but is revealing things are heading mostly back to normal afterwards.

The next big hope is MGS4 but that isn't until June. Meanwhile PS3 has only 5 games that aren't going to 360 by the time MGS4 is released while 360 has 15 that aren't going to the PS3 by the time MGS4 is released.

^ What charts are you looking at? The charts I see have it still outselling the 360, much like the margin was a few weeks ago.

it can happen and it will... if it will be by summer is the question the only market 360 out sells the ps3 is U.S.A. and that means the ps3 will be in second place this gen in 2 markets and 360 is in 3rd in 2 markets... ps3 will sell more then 360 in others its only a matter of time.....