By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Favorite Sudio Ghibli film? Name top 3 and why.

1.) Howls Moving Castle
This movie made me a Studio Ghibli fan. I had only watched Princess Mononoke and Laputa: Castle in the Sky before then but Howls Moving Castle is the best one. Best animation, best story, best characters. I thought it was better than Spirited away... speaking of which.

2.)Spirited Away
I just watched this movie about a month ago for the first time. I liked the characters but the plot dragged compared to Howls Moving Castle.

3.)Laputa: Castle in the Sky
I loved this movie. The characters of every Ghibli film make you fall in love with them. They're so vivid and alive that you don't even feel like you're watching an animated film anymore.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
1.) Howls Moving Castle
This movie made me a Studio Ghibli fan. I had only watched Princess Mononoke and Laputa: Castle in the Sky before then but Howls Moving Castle is the best one. Best animation, best story, best characters. I thought it was better than Spirited away... speaking of which.

2.)Spirited Away
I just watched this movie about a month ago for the first time. I liked the characters but the plot dragged compared to Howls Moving Castle.

3.)Laputa: Castle in the Sky
I loved this movie. The characters of every Ghibli film make you fall in love with them. They're so vivid and alive that you don't even feel like you're watching an animated film anymore.

I literally just finished watching Castle in the Sky. I tied it for 3rd on my list with Porco. AMAZING

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Spirited Away is deff a masterpiece i loved every second of it, the emotional story, the animation, the music, the characters this movie is simply flawless. recommended to anyone in this world.

Yeah, glad you liked it:D The first time I saw it was ummm... say... 3 years ago. It's an excellent movie. Not to mention it was made in 1986 and looked that good. I'm about to order some chinese and watch some Ghibli films I haven't seen yet that I got over the weekend. Got Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, and Princess Mononoke again.

1. Whisper of the Heart
2. Only Yesterday
3. Ponyo

I've seen them all but only once each, love them all but these 3 stuck with me the most.

Around the Network

How have you never seen Ponyo @____@

Let me know how you like it although I probably won't be able to reply hah.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

1. Spirited Away
2. Grave of the Fireflies
3. Howl's Moving Castle

Why isn't there a Blue-Ray version of Spirited Away? *aargh*

Totoro

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

Howls Moving Castle was the first one I saw, and I still think it's the best.
Spirited Away is a close second, really like that one.
After that it's kind of a wash. I like Kiki's Delivery service pretty well.