By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Needs A Management Shake-Up

It needs to be done. NOA needs to be completely turned upside down. I'm not saying Iwata (or even Reggie) need to be fired, but a new person for NOA needs to be brought in, one who Iwata will be forced to listen to and has the authority to greenlight their own projects for the Western market. In other words, Iwata can stay on, but his overly Japan-centric way of viewing things needs to be balanced out.

Clearly NCL is clueless about the Western markets and they have largely bumbled away all the momenteum Nintendo had with the Wii/DS 3-4 years ago. If Square-Enix can work with Eidos to expand their software reach, Nintendo should too.  

The marketing divisions for NOA and NOE should be fired and replaced as well. That Wii U marketing campaign is the most uninspired and lame marketing campaign I've ever seen for a major game platform launch. Unacceptable.

I think Nintendo should also see if they can pursue more collaborations with Google. It's time to start being more proactive about the future.

Around the Network

I agree with you.

NOA management should change, starting with their marketing firm and Reggie - he is no longer relevant.

Iwata however, is the best thing that ever happened for Nintendo - Japanese support has never been this high.

Nintendo just came off one of the most successful video game generations of all time with the DS and Wii and you think they need a shake up? If you're a Nintendo fan, you must not be very loyal.

Nintendo will rebound in the next year to 2 years. They will be back on top of the console market as they already dominate the handheld market. Such little patience these days....

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Wii U HAS NO MARKETING CAMPAIGN.

I ain't seen shit yet.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Vinniegambini said:

I agree with you.

NOA management should change, starting with their marketing firm and Reggie - he is no longer relevant.

Iwata however, is the best thing that ever happened for Nintendo - Japanese support has never been this high.

Blaming Reggie is the easy out, it doesn't change anything.

Nintendo needs to accept that while Iwata is good at certain things, he has not been good in other areas (like understanding the Western market).

Yamauchi gave Minoru Arakawa and Howard Lincoln freedom to pursue software alliances and studios like Rareware and Silicon Knights and the Star Wars/LucasArts deal and the founding of Retro Studios.

Iwata gives NOA none of that authority. His power should be reduced, he's done nothing but apologize for screw ups for the last two years and led Nintendo's stock price into the gutter.

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:

I agree with you.

Could not have said it better. But I think reggie should stay as a face for nintendo america, the fans love him. But there should be a new president of both noe and noa.

ps3-sales! said:
Nintendo just came off one of the most successful video game generations of all time with the DS and Wii and you think they need a shake up? If you're a Nintendo fan, you must not be very loyal.

Nintendo will rebound in the next year to 2 years. They will be back on top of the console market as they already dominate the handheld market. Such little patience these days....

well said

Yea, commercials are non existant in my area. I haven't seen a wii u commercial since december.

Oh Reggie means well. Give him another chance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ps3-sales! said:

Ken Kutaragi was the father of the two most successful game consoles of all time.

Today he wouldn't be able to get a job as Sony's janitor.

This is a performance based business, it's not about being nice.

Also the sooner Nintendo gets out of patting themselves on the back for the Wii, the better. Yes, job well done, but WAKE UP it's not 2006 anymore. Times have changed even from then. One botched 3DS launch and the first loss in 100+ years as a company should've been enough of a wake up call, now a bad Wii U launch after having two years to prepare ... unacceptable.