By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm confident Bayonetta 2 and/o Wonderful 101 will end up on PS360 now

VGKing said:
Isn't Nintendo publishing Bayonettta 2?

Yes, but that doesn't guarantee in the game staying exclusive. Look at ME1 and NG3RE. I reckon Bayonetta 2 has a multi year exclusivity on WiiU but will eventually release on other systems.

Around the Network
BlkPaladin said:
Chandler said:
tbone51 said:
If bayonetta 2 goes onto a Sony or M$ system, then its safe to assume PSASBR will be on Wii U. Seems about right!

Dude, we had enough bad news for today....

Both are correct. Wonderful 101 has a good chance depending on the publisher. Bayonetta 2 not much so depending on the contract, NIntendo is nearly fully funding the project unless Sega put a clause in the contract I doubt we will ever see the title outside of the Wii U

I was talking about the PSABR part and no, TW101 has no chance of coming to other consoles since it's a direct contract between Platinum Games and Nintendo where Nintendo will be the owner of the IP, is funding and publishing the project from start to finish.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I'm confident that the OP is wrong and that a game like Rayman does not prove anything and using NG3:RE is completely pointless, since it was published by Tecmo in Japan.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Wonderful 101 is financed by Nintendo, just like X from Monolithsoft, that's not going anywhere. Bayonetta 2 sounds like the same story.

tbone51 said:
If bayonetta 2 goes onto a Sony or M$ system, then its safe to assume PSASBR will be on Wii U. Seems about right!

That doesn't make any sense. PSASBR is not only owned by Sony but it includes many Sony characters in the game, which would never be allowed on a Nintendo console.

Bayonetta IP is owned by Sega, so they can do what they want with it. We don't know the extent of Nintendo's partership. Are you funding the game? Are they co-developing? Im sure Sega could find other publishers for the PS3/360 versions if Nintendo's role is simply advertising/publishing the Wii U version.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:

That doesn't make any sense. PSASBR is not only owned by Sony but it includes many Sony characters in the game, which would never be allowed on a Nintendo console.

Bayonetta IP is owned by Sega, so they can do what they want with it. We don't know the extent of Nintendo's partership. Are you funding the game? Are they co-developing? Im sure Sega could find other publishers for the PS3/360 versions if Nintendo's role is simply advertising/publishing the Wii U version.

How many times do people have to say Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist had Nintendo not taken it on?

nintendo is publishing them both so nope and honestly i would not be surprise if wonderful 101 does well nintendo will buy out platinum

Turkish said:
VGKing said:
Isn't Nintendo publishing Bayonettta 2?

Yes, but that doesn't guarantee in the game staying exclusive. Look at ME1 and NG3RE. I reckon Bayonetta 2 has a multi year exclusivity on WiiU but will eventually release on other systems.

Not saying that Bayonetta 2 going to other systems is completely impossible but the situation is different. Nintendo seems to not only be funding the game but also publishing the game in all regions. Platinum also said without Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 would never happen. They have a good relationship right now and I doubt Platinum would want to ruin that. Sega could possibly try to get the game on other systems though and are over-seeing development but I still don't think its possible.

TW101 is apparently a Nintendo franchise so...not going outside of Wii U. (or 3DS) 

NG3RE is different because Tecmo published it in Japan, Nintendo probably chose to publish it in Europe and U.S to make them look more "core" and try to get sales for the game up. It was likely always ment to be a timed-exclusive. Rayman Legends was also likely always planned to go multi-platform. 

Mass Effect is also a bit different because Microsoft only published the 360 version. EA published the Windows version so it isn't like Microsoft had exclusive publisher rights.

No chance, Bayonetta is being Funded, Produced, and published by Nintendo.

Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP being developed by Platinum Games, same case as The Last Story.

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

Not gunna happen, also Bayonetta was horrible imo :/