By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MCV: "Devil May Cry fans to blame for DmC sales disappointment"

it's their own dam fault. DMC fans warned CC time and time again, but they ignored us/them, and and now they most suffer the error of their ways.

Around the Network

Its unfortunate that the industry does not remember games are created for the consumer. DmC is a game thatwas not desirable by a large portion of the established fanbase or even average consumer. If DmC was created for the consumer it would have faired much better. Just having a reboot that incorporated more of the classic mythos would have had much better result

I played the demo. It's fun, I guess. Very "been there, done that" feel to it, though. Certainly not something I'd ever consider spending $60 on.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Consumer is never wrong. Games have to sell, and that's all there is to it. Whatever MCV thinks of the fanbase is irrelevant.

Good job now Capcom will be scared to reboot Resident Evil :/

Around the Network

I think maybe the new DMC fans should have bought 3 or 4 copies of the game instead of blaming people for not buying something they didn't want it's an idea.

It's Capcom's job to appeal to the fans, not the other way around.

Douchebag articles like this hurt sales more than anything imo. Also, changing Dante into an everyday hipster isn't what I call a successful reinvention.

EDIT: And has no one realized that the new Dante is just Paul Walker with a sword?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

They brought that upon themselves by disrespecting the fanbase. If they want to blame someone, it should be Capcom for rebooting something that didn't need a reboot.

Well I don't actually think the fans had much if anything to do with the cut in forecast sales.

Which really arn't that bad. They've forecast 1.2 mil by the end of the financial year (March 2013), down from 2 mil.

That dosen't prevent the game selling after March 2013. Its too early to say anything after 2 weeks of sales. But you have to think, DMC4 was a launch title, would DmC have faired better as a PS4/720 launch title?

If DMC5 came out 3 weeks ago would it have sold more than 2 mil copies? Personally I don't so. I think the game hasn't had a chance yet. Give it a few months then we'll see.

The other thing is I think Capcom would be smart releasing a special edition next year for the PS4/720. I'm sure the game will have good momentum. Give the game a chance first, its been only 2 weeks. Bayonetta didn't sell much in the first 2 weeks either, but it went on to sell 1.91 copies. This game will be fine!