By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MCV: "Devil May Cry fans to blame for DmC sales disappointment"

Nem said:
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
KHlover said:
This happens if you alienate (or in this case - troll) your fanbase, I guess. Not that the DmC fanbase was a good fanbase anyways...

This. Ninja Theory pissed on the face of the fans multiple times. This is why public relations isnt about confrontation.

Still, i dont think the game didnt perform due to the color of the air. Its just that its a completely different game and people wanted DMC5.

Despite all that, 1.2 million is ok. Its better than what ensalved did.

How is it a completely different game? Is it a racing game now? The gameplay looks pretty similar to me, and the combos look cool as ever. 

By that same logic MGRising: Revengence is the next DmC.

So what did they change that will affect your gaming experience?

Around the Network
badgenome said:
leatherhat said:
JGarret said:

Anyone who played Devil May Cry 4 must surely of seen how desperately the IP needed an injection of new ideas and modernisation

No I'm afraid I wasn't aware of that. And because DMC4 is the best selling entry in the series I guess the public at large wasn't aware of that either. 

Well, now you are. And to think, you could of gone your entire life being ignorant of that fact that if Ben Parfitt wouldn't of brought it to your attention.

After reading this article I burned my copy of 4. Thank god I was saved from the blandness.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

NYANKS said:
Nem said:
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
KHlover said:
This happens if you alienate (or in this case - troll) your fanbase, I guess. Not that the DmC fanbase was a good fanbase anyways...

This. Ninja Theory pissed on the face of the fans multiple times. This is why public relations isnt about confrontation.

Still, i dont think the game didnt perform due to the color of the air. Its just that its a completely different game and people wanted DMC5.

How is it a completely different game? Is it a racing game now? The gameplay looks pretty similar to me, and the combos look cool as ever. 

Gameplay, Characters, presentation, sound, excitement. I'm sure you will disagree though, i dont really care for this futile discussion. The numbers prove me right, and i have no intention to badmout DmC wich is find is a decent game.

Nem said:
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
KHlover said:

Gameplay, Characters, presentation, sound, excitement. I'm sure you will disagree though, i dont really care for this futile discussion. The numbers prove me right, and i have no intention to badmout DmC wich is find is a decent game.

It's just sad that even from this thread. a lot of DMC fans that don't even try this game would probably like it, this is why a lot of companies we accuse of never changing never will. 

DMC fell short because of poor PR management, the game is actually really good but the series never really needed any reboot tbh DMC4's main problem was that it had a poor weapon set. Articles like this are the reason DMC's performance is being hurt and I imagine had the PR approach been less confrontational the game would have been better received by more fans.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
NYANKS said:
Nem said:
KHlover said:

It's just sad that even from this thread. a lot of DMC fans that don't even try this game would probably like it, this is why a lot of companies we accuse of never changing never will. 

You cant blame the consumer for not beeing interested in your product. Its the product that has to meet the costumer's desires. Thats what marketing is. Capcom failed at it and thats why the game didnt perform well. The consumers have no control over the development process. If thats the conclusion they come to, then they will eventually cease to exist as a company.

Capcom/Ninja Theory's job is to sell the game. Consumers can buy whatever the f**k they want. For whatever reason (nerdrage included), consumers didn't want this game as much as Capcom hoped.  Simple as that.

I've never played any of the previous DMC games. I downloaded the demo to this game and was totally unimpressed.

The title should read "MCV blames gamers for not buying a game they don't like."

Signature goes here!

NesFe said:

Capcom/Ninja Theory's job is to sell the game. Consumers can buy whatever the f**k they want. For whatever reason (nerdrage included), consumers didn't want this game as much as Capcom hoped.  Simple as that.

I know it's simple, I was just wondering what the reason was, how much was nerdrage and self-fulfilling prophecy and how much was the game being bad.  From most opinions it seems to be fine.