By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U graphics power finally revealed - "we can now finally rule out any next-gen pretensions for the Wii U"

I´m late, but..

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Yes, but, note this: it wasn´t the amazing Nintendo games that made the WII an amazing sucess, it was the motion thingy and the balance-board thingy, it made girls ans odl people want the console, buy it, play it for a couple of hours and then, never touch it again. These 20-30 million mega-casual-one time gamers look really good on the charts, but, like the Kinect crowd, aren´t real gamers and aren´t loyal at all.

Yeah, that's why the Wii had a tie ratio of about 10 - because the vast majority of owners bought and played one game for it and then never touched it again.

I'm sure that's right.

Touche. You won this one, but I will be back... =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

And everybody here laugh about my Wii U = 1.5x PS360.

lol lol lol crazy, no?

The only thing that should matter are the games, and for me, that is all I purchase a Nintendo console for. Graphical processing capabilities are but one part of the equation, and as far as Im concerned, a very small part for me. It is what allows me to revisit the classics while still enjoying graphically inferior titles that offer an experience that cant be found anywhere else such as Xenoblade Chronicles. I am absolutely loving the shit out of this game and am ignoring others such as xcom: eu, ni no kuni amongst others until I finish it because of how great of a game it is. Monolith softs announcement alone is worth the purchase of a Wii U IMO. Anyone looking to purchase a Nintendo console with bleeding edge graphical capabilities has no idea what kind of company Nintendo is and as such should probably just stick to sony/micro for all your graphic whoring needs.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Lol, does it pains that much that Wii won last gen? Is WiiFit and Just Dance too girly for us the true gamerzz?

Whats the average age of the people posting here, all I see is "mine is bigger than yours".

Nobody fu**ed nobody, Nintendo chose a strategy blending things that made them successful in the past with some that may allow them to regain some of the traditional gamers. Who's surprised? Seriously, is like right now everyone is just looking for any bit of information to feed their partisan behavior.

We still have to see how well executed is the Gamepad idea, as that is clearly the focus of the WiiU. Hopefully Nintendo succeeds, I like a bunch of games that releases in their devices, and that includes Just Dance, and RTS games on consoles would be awesome.

Around the Network

people get real...8th gen isn't defined through power or graphics...

Gaming is changing...You don't need more power as the wii u...

sony and microsoft will fail if they release overpowered machines!

hivycox said:
people get real...8th gen isn't defined through power or graphics...

Gaming is changing...You don't need more power as the wii u...

sony and microsoft will fail if they release overpowered machines!

The sales confirm your theory... oh wait.

Why the hell does the Wii U cost so much then? Is it because of the game pad thing?

riderz13371 said:
Why the hell does the Wii U cost so much then? Is it because of the game pad thing?

Yeap the game pad is suposed to cost over $150.

mike_intellivision said:
People can't get out of their mind that time NOT POWER defines generation.

From this story, it appears the WiiU is about 1.5x to no more than 2x times as powerful as the HD current consoles. That is on the low-end was my estimate before it was ever released (I said 1.5x to 2.5x). So this news should surprise no one.

Truth is that the PS4 and Xbox 720 will outshine Nintendo's console's technology -- everyone knew that. The questions are whether or not the technology that Nintendo has will be innovative enough to keep people interested and whether or not Sony and Microsoft can produce consoles that meet people's needs and resources.

And this does not even begin to consider game quality.

If people want raw power over touch screens and just want to play FPS games -- then Sony and Microsoft will succeed and Nintendo will have a rough time.

If Microsoft and Sony produce high-end super-consoles that need 4K HD TVs to be truly appreciated and for which games cost $70, then Nintendo is sitting pretty.

Personally, I have made my choice and am happy with it presently. If someone else makes a choice and can live with it, that is fine by me.

Mike from Morgantown

Trying to bring some common sense to this discussion -- but probably failing because everyone feels they must be right, snarky or both.

I want to play the games made my Santa Monica Studio, Naughty Dog, Poliphony Digital, Lionhead, Rockstar, Quantic Dreams, etc...

All of those studios don't make FPS games. So what of it?

Your last sentence... Include yourself in it.