By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can PSP's Saviours be million seller? Crisis Core and God of War

Final Fantasy: Crisis Core will sell a million without a doubt (Almost there already)! God of War will take a little longer since it isn't as loved in Japan, but will still break 1 million. I have both pre-ordered and can't wait! Lol...I'm anticipating Crisis Core far more than anything coming out on any of the major consoles other than FFXIII.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
kingofwale said:
> I take the bet , and I bet that CoO will sell over a million before the end of the year ;)

and I shall be the JUDGE, okay, what's the wager?

OK , we are done . I expect you to be a fair judge :P

You guys better specify that the bet is on the psp...because there is strong rumor that Chains of Olympus will be coming out on the ps2 also before the end of the year.  And one million is a joke if you include the ps2.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Yea its the psp version.

DragonLord said:
hunter_alien said:
kingofwale said:
> I take the bet , and I bet that CoO will sell over a million before the end of the year ;)

and I shall be the JUDGE, okay, what's the wager?

OK , we are done . I expect you to be a fair judge :P

You guys better specify that the bet is on the psp...because there is strong rumor that Chains of Olympus will be coming out on the ps2 also before the end of the year. And one million is a joke if you include the ps2.

That wont happen ... that strong rumor only came from one site , and than spread all over the interenet ... its only the PSP version that will ever come out :) OK than , if there is no chickening out , than we are OK :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Im surprised not many commented on PSP marketing. I want to clarify. Sony does advertise the PSP, but only the hardware. They are selling plenty of that.

But I have NEVER seen a PSP game ad on TV. ever.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Im surprised not many commented on PSP marketing. I want to clarify. Sony does advertise the PSP, but only the hardware. They are selling plenty of that.

But I have NEVER seen a PSP game ad on TV. ever.

Thats true , all the ads software gets are from sites and hype generated by fans ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I didn't realize that the PSP needed saving.

It's not like it is going by the wayside like the GameGear and apparently the UMD movie format is making some type of return for some weird reason. MTV movies or some weird thing like that.

As for PSP commercials for games? The Japanese TV's were literally flooded with Crisis Core commercials and I've already seen a GoW: Chains of Olympus commercial on television (or was that a preview on a DVD.....either way I've seen an ad for Chains.)

Still, even so the PSP games get large pages of ads in all major gaming mags and those who they want to hear about it...do.

Will the PSP magically jump to 60 million units sold and outsell the DS? no, but the PSP has held its own as a higher-end hand held gaming device and has a pretty decent library of games to keep people interested.

Also, lets not forget about KH: Birth By Sleep that will cause a good surge in hardware sales too.

Ask me how to turn a Rottweiler in to a Dodongo and I'll tell you the story of a lifetime.

How bad is piracy on PSP really? It's such a complicated process that I can't think of many people being able to do it. I had more trouble gathering resources to pull off a firmware downgrade then custom firmware upgrade on my slim PSP than I did putting a modchip in either the Wii or PS2. How many people can seriously be able to pull it off, considering you need a second PSP to do it, an extra battery, an extra Memory Stick, soldering skills, 5 or 6 downloads, and reading pages of instructions.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Nth said:
I didn't realize that the PSP needed saving.

It's not like it is going by the wayside like the GameGear and apparently the UMD movie format is making some type of return for some weird reason. MTV movies or some weird thing like that.

As for PSP commercials for games? The Japanese TV's were literally flooded with Crisis Core commercials and I've already seen a GoW: Chains of Olympus commercial on television (or was that a preview on a DVD.....either way I've seen an ad for Chains.)

Still, even so the PSP games get large pages of ads in all major gaming mags and those who they want to hear about it...do.

Will the PSP magically jump to 60 million units sold and outsell the DS? no, but the PSP has held its own as a higher-end hand held gaming device and has a pretty decent library of games to keep people interested.

Also, lets not forget about KH: Birth By Sleep that will cause a good surge in hardware sales too.

It is not the hardware that is the concerning aspect, it is the lack of software sales

So i'm gonna go off-topic

So anyone getting the mint green psp because I was and I was wondering if anyone else was.