By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your gaming "Budgets"?

$$ per year?

Under $100 11 9.24%

$100-$200 15 12.61%

$200-$300 12 10.08%

$300-$400 10 8.40%

$400-$500 7 5.88%

$500-$600 6 5.04%

$600-$700 6 5.04%

$700-$800 4 3.36%

The sky's the limit! (More than $800) 12 10.08%

To Infinity and Beyond! (... 36 30.25%

Total:119

I for one am in school and work a part-time job as a tutor. Needless to say, I'm not exactly loaded on cash.

Aside from gifts on Christmas, Birthdays, etc.,I try to limit myself to around $150/year. (I usually go over) And rent a lot from the local library for $2 per 2 weeks which is usually enough time to finish the game as long it isn't an RPG.

The amount of $$ for games some people seem to have on this site astound me, I would like to know where exactly is the limit for you guys.

So tell me, what are your "Budgets"?

P.S I'm interested in your answer especially NintendoPie. I wonder how it compares to when I was your age.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

only limit is the games i find that there are usually only 5-6 games at best per year that interest me

Play Me

I rarely buy games at full price, I only buy them when I can get the games on the cheap. I rarely spend more than $30 on games on a single month (the very few times when I reach that number are during the Steam sales). I sometimes don't buy any games for a couple of months. So overall I don't think I spend more than $200 a year on games.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Theoretically no limits.

Available time to play is my only limit.

Around the Network

Pretty limited. I'm not made of money stacks and have no reason to buy brand new, so most likely less than $150

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I don't have any limit at all. Lately I've been on a game spending spree with ps+ and all the great games coming out soon. I don't need to worry right now because I'm using the boatload of high school graduation open house money that I got last June.

I have a really bad habit of buying games even when I don't have time to play them...

No limit, but usually spend around US$2000 per year I would guess? Then again a $60 game can easily retail for $80-100 equivalent in Japan.

Final Fantasy: Unlimited it seems.

Everything else: If I want it badly: full price. Everything else: $20.

On your scale somewhere between two to three hundred dollars per year. I usually make a purchase once every two to three months, and not always at full retail prices. I actually tend to come in at the low end of the range, because the summer months are a waste land. Which usually end up with me picking up old used games on the cheap in place of new games at full retail price. It is actually quite rare for me to buy more then three new releases in any given year.

The obvious exception being years when new platforms are launched, but I have a bigger entertainment budget that gaming is part of. So I buy fewer movies, or go out a bit less often to divert more cash into my gaming budget. This year looks to be pretty expensive. So I have already started to look for ways to cut costs. I hope to have more then enough saved up for a new console before the end of the year.