By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CD Projekt Red Give First Glimpse of Next-Gen RPG Graphics

Nem said:

We already got the first glimpse with "X" on Wii U. This would be the second, and to be honest, not as impressive so far. I'm sure it will in time though, as i enjoyed the Witcher 2.

X isnt realy that impressive graphically, its looks great for current gen consoles but still isnt the best looking. we will have to wait for gameplay videos before we can judge next gen 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
@Baron

Have you ever played a Witcher game?

If you have and I mean on the max settings you would know that this game if even a 1% improvement on the Witcher 2 it will be mind blowing in terms of graphics.

Played, no. Seen it, yes. And yes, I think Crysis looks better than Witcher 2 as well. The Witcher 2's character models are good but even those aren't on par with Crysis' character models. Environment wise Crysis is on an entirely different level imo.

bananaking21 said:
Baron said:
bananaking21 said:
Baron said:
Wow, this doesn't look any better than what we've seen in previous years...

Crysis 1 looks better than this.

what? only things are better looking than this are games that run on max settings on the pc, this looks alot better than skyrim on pc as well

I thought we were talking about Next Gen graphics, as in graphics we haven't seen before. Anyways, I assumed this statement included PC's as well and I consider High End PC's to be part of that.

Crysis 1 has a massive sand box world and looks better than this. And it runs perfectly on budget graphics cards today.

we havent seen this on consoles, generations are for consoles not pc. and no crysis 1 does not look better than this, look at the ground, its clear that the bump/normal maping res is high, higher than anything any console at the moment can push, and this is still work in progress. 

It clearly does; http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3162/crysis2011032714560226.jpg

bananaking21 said:
Nem said:

We already got the first glimpse with "X" on Wii U. This would be the second, and to be honest, not as impressive so far. I'm sure it will in time though, as i enjoyed the Witcher 2.

X isnt realy that impressive graphically, its looks great for current gen consoles but still isnt the best looking. we will have to wait for gameplay videos before we can judge next gen 

Right. Best graphics on an RPG so far is therefore current gen because its on Wii U, even though you havent seen what PS4/720 can do. You might want to brace yourself for a reality check.

Yet this crappy screen you have here is what next-gen is? Cmon dude, your bias is showing.

Witcher 2 was amazing. Can't wait.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Have we forgotten X from the Nintendo Direct already?

superchunk said:

Why? The game is pretty but its not a graphical powerhouse if thats what you are getting at. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
superchunk said:

Why? The game is pretty but its not a graphical powerhouse if thats what you are getting at. 

Really? on here an gaf I saw a lot of people claiming otherwise as compared to other rpgs.

superchunk said:
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:

Really? on here an gaf I saw a lot of people claiming otherwise as compared to other rpgs.

Yeah, people like pretty waterfalls. Lighting and textures all just look OK. The scale is great and we should see some nice improvements before its 
released but it doesn't look anymore next gen than Red Dead or Skyrim does. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
superchunk said:
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:

Yeah, people like pretty waterfalls. Lighting and textures all just look OK. The scale is great and we should see some nice improvements before its 
released but it doesn't look anymore next gen than Red Dead or Skyrim does. 

Odd that well over 90% of the posts in the gaf thread and the one here said the exact opposite of you, well except for one guy here. Sure there was mention of bad water, etc, but that was shrugged off as this is still very early build while the rest was clearly above current gen.