By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 & vita bundle what if ??

Deyon said:

Yeah, bundle a 249$ handheld with a 499$ console.

750 US dollars!!!!

But it has Riiiiidge Racer.

Around the Network

Then the money lost is even higher. Good idea.

Yay!!!

Well by release Vita will be $179 so bundling it for +$150 would be smart if the bundle included super sweet Vita PS4K gameplay. In fact I'll bet my signature on this: at launch there will be a Vita PS4 bundle. After the 20th only a fool would take this bet ;)

As long as the Vita has those shitty OLED screens (shitty in terms of splotches dots vertical lines "oled mura" ) No thank you.

sorry for the huge image.

I mean whats the point in having an oled screen for awesome black levels etc  when the black is F*cked up because of the bad screens? 
Its especially annoying in Gravity Rush since the game is  greyish/brownish most of the part.

I highly doubt the Vita would have enough power to handle the PS4. If I recall correctly, the PSVita has more memory than the PS3, but less in video or actual ram, but comparible to the 256MB the PS3 has due to the half screen size of the Vita.

The Wii U was built with the touchscreen in mind, the PS3 was not, therefore in order for the Vita to work like the Wii U, either games have to be patched to work with the PSVita from the PS3/PS2 digital or disc games, like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and the God of War Collection were, or have the Cross Controller built in like LittlebigPlanet 2, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 got patched/built in, they have to be ported with Cross Play enabled, like Street Fighter X Tekken, Wipeout 2048, Hustle Kings, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, etc. The PS4 can be built with near full compatibility with the Vita, however, given that the system is planned to run with 8GB of ram, if the final version is built that way, will the Vita be able to emulate a 4k resolution on a 960x540 screen? You figure, every game is meant to be playable on an analog TV, this will never change.

Most PS3 owners, do not have a fat PS3, and I do not have numbers on the exact number of consoles that are PS2 backwards compatible, but imagine of they patch the Vita to be able to remote play PS2 disc and digital games via Remote Play.    Imagine how collective the fat PS3's will be.

The main two bad flaws about using the Vita as a Dualshock controller, is the fact that there is no R2/L2, and the analog stick is not pushable in. The Wii U managed this. Quite honestly I wish the Vita was larger, imagine the potential if it had real dual analog sticks as well as both shoulder buttons. If a Vita revision is made...increase the ram and add these two features into a slightly larger Vita, even if the screen is exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono

http://twitch.tv/HollywoodShono

http:/www.twitter.com/HollywoodShono

http://www.facebook.com/HollywoodShono

PSN:   BShornock, Wii U:  Hollywood_Shono, Xbox 360:  BShornock, Email:  bshornock@icloud.com, Steam:  BShornock

Around the Network

The price would be over 9000. Though I hope they can implement the vita in some way as a controller option.

JazzB1987 said:

As long as the Vita has those shitty OLED screens (shitty in terms of splotches dots vertical lines "oled mura" ) No thank you.

I mean whats the point in having an oled screen for awesome black levels etc  when the black is F*cked up because of the bad screens? 
Its especially annoying in Gravity Rush since the game is  greyish/brownish most of the part.

If thats your vita, you should have returned it because you got a bad one. I"ve never seen that in mine.

BShornock said:

I highly doubt the Vita would have enough power to handle the PS4. If I recall correctly, the PSVita has more memory than the PS3, but less in video or actual ram, but comparible to the 256MB the PS3 has due to the half screen size of the Vita.

The Wii U was built with the touchscreen in mind, the PS3 was not, therefore in order for the Vita to work like the Wii U, either games have to be patched to work with the PSVita from the PS3/PS2 digital or disc games, like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and the God of War Collection were, or have the Cross Controller built in like LittlebigPlanet 2, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 got patched/built in, they have to be ported with Cross Play enabled, like Street Fighter X Tekken, Wipeout 2048, Hustle Kings, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, etc. The PS4 can be built with near full compatibility with the Vita, however, given that the system is planned to run with 8GB of ram, if the final version is built that way, will the Vita be able to emulate a 4k resolution on a 960x540 screen? You figure, every game is meant to be playable on an analog TV, this will never change.

Most PS3 owners, do not have a fat PS3, and I do not have numbers on the exact number of consoles that are PS2 backwards compatible, but imagine of they patch the Vita to be able to remote play PS2 disc and digital games via Remote Play.    Imagine how collective the fat PS3's will be.

The main two bad flaws about using the Vita as a Dualshock controller, is the fact that there is no R2/L2, and the analog stick is not pushable in. The Wii U managed this. Quite honestly I wish the Vita was larger, imagine the potential if it had real dual analog sticks as well as both shoulder buttons. If a Vita revision is made...increase the ram and add these two features into a slightly larger Vita, even if the screen is exactly the same.

There's just a few things wrong in this. The PS4 video could be streamed to the Vita, even at cutting the resolution down, it could still do it. Maybe up to a 720p feed, and that would look epic on that screen size anyway. The R2/3 L2/3 can be emulated on the rear touchpad like it is for current remote play and PSone games. This concept reallly opens PS4/Vita up for porting between Wii U and the PS4.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

JazzB1987 said:

Is that The Matrix?

Have you ever considered that you may be The One?

...the one that got a defective screen that is.