By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATE: Proof of PS4 announcement at Playstation Meeting

MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:

Ok. Let me play along.

What else could it be?

The fact you're asking that proves you aren't grasping the concept.  I am not saying it isn't the PS4, I am just saying we don't know for a fact that it is the PS4.  There's a difference in saying "I can't imagine it being anything but the PS4" and "It is the PS4."

The probability of it being PS4 is so high that it doesn't need confirmation.
In fact, the event states 'See The Future" implying the future of playstation will be revealed at this event. What is the future of Playstation? Well PS4 of course. It's simple logic. I don't even know what you're trying to accomplish here by arguing and being so technical.

@bold
Yes, there is a difference but it is irrelevant. It is a PS4 reveal and that's that. If you want to be overly technical and annoying then take it somewhere else. If I didn't know any better it seems like you're downplaying this event. People are excited that PS4 is about to get revealed, you are saying "wait for 100% confirmation!". Do you play for the other team? If the next Xbox was rumord to be unvieled in a a few weeks would you be saying the same thing? I didn't think so.

Around the Network

It could still be an unveil of their plans for Gaikai

cunger said:
It could still be an unveil of their plans for Gaikai

Pretty sure their Gaikai plans are heavily integrated with their PS4 plans.
It would be great if the service also comes to PS3 though, but PS3 is on its way out.

VGKing said:
MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:

Ok. Let me play along.

What else could it be?

The fact you're asking that proves you aren't grasping the concept.  I am not saying it isn't the PS4, I am just saying we don't know for a fact that it is the PS4.  There's a difference in saying "I can't imagine it being anything but the PS4" and "It is the PS4."

In fact, the event states 'See The Future" implying the future of playstation will be revealed at this event. What is the future of Playstation? Well PS4 of course. It's simple logic. I don't even know what you're trying to accomplish here by arguing and being so technical.

@bold
Yes, there is a difference but it is irrelevant. It is a PS4 reveal and that's that. If you want to be overly technical and annoying then take it somewhere else. If I didn't know any better it seems like you're downplaying this event. People are excited that PS4 is about to get revealed, you are saying "wait for 100% confirmation!". Do you play for the other team? If the next Xbox was rumord to be unvieled in a a few weeks would you be saying the same thing? I didn't think so.

Bolded are points where you're wrong.  

It is highly relevant, and "See The Future" doesn't imply the future of playstation will be revealed, at least not exclusively.  It could also refer to something that has not been done before, and will replace whatever trend there is now.  

It is NOT simple logic, as it isn't quite logic at all.  

I'm not being "so technical" as it is a valid assumption to make that it has a possibility of not being the unveiling of the PS4.

If the next xbox were to be rumored to have an unveiling, I would be saying the same thing if there weren't an explicit statement.  

The point of doing this is to make sure people don't get pissed off if it ends up being something different, because no official statement was made that it will indeed be the PS4.

MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:
MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:

Ok. Let me play along.

What else could it be?

@bold

Bolded are points where you're wrong.  

It is highly relevant, and "See The Future" doesn't imply the future of playstation will be revealed, at least not exclusively.  It could also refer to something that has not been done before, and will replace whatever trend there is now.  

It is NOT simple logic, as it isn't quite logic at all.  

I'm not being "so technical" as it is a valid assumption to make that it has a possibility of not being the unveiling of the PS4.

If the next xbox were to be rumored to have an unveiling, I would be saying the same thing if there weren't an explicit statement.  

The point of doing this is to make sure people don't get pissed off if it ends up being something different, because no official statement was made that it will indeed be the PS4.

Whatever dude. Your anti-Sony stance is obvious.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

More like your sony fanboy bias is blinding you from making a simple comprehension of the truths I stated. (retort to the bolded untrue statement)

VGKing said:
Darth Tigris said:
It'll be a announcement of a live action Sackboy movie!!!

*wonders if too new and obscure to get*

It's a console reveal. It's the only thing it could be.

Ok, I guess it was too obscure for this community.

Here:  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510682

MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:

More like your sony fanboy bias is blinding you from making a simple comprehension of the truths I stated. (retort to the bolded untrue statement)

How surprising. Reported.

So if you need any further proof this is a Ps4 announcement then go search Youtube for "PS4".
The first video that comes up? The #Playstation2013 video from the Official Playstation Channel.

What does it mean? It means Sony put a "PS4" tag in the video.

What I would like to see is a brand new take on the controller. We've been using the same layout for far too long and that's really making games far too repetitive for a lot of vet. gamers I think. Give us something with more freedom, and of course, epic graphics.