By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 Demo Impressions

Maybe it's just me, but generic "monsters" in a non-descript city with inappropriate and unthematic techno music makes this game just seem a bit silly and amateur compared to God of War. I'm sure the difficulty of the demo was set really low, so I can't really compare gameplay between the two games, but I can say without a doubt in my mind that God of War is presented in a well-thought out way, whereas Devil May Cry's presentation just screams "generic."

I loved the Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo. That first level made the game seem similar to God of War in that the presentation made sense thematically; you controlled a ninja and you were fighting other ninjas in what appeared to be a traditional Japanese setting with appropriate background music. When I finally got the game, I thoroughly lost interest once I started fighting dinosaurs who were apparently called "fiends."

Obviously God of War was pretty outrageous in its own right. But at least it all connected thematically. [/rant]

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

God of War is garbage. I hate that game... Don't compare it to anything Capcom makes.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

The Boss was good, the environments pretty and the feel fluid, however the settings seemed to jump all over the place which I found a little off-putting but hopefully that's just the demo and not the full game. Like others when I enter a massive castle/cathedral I don't expect to step through to some wooden huts...

Still, if reviews are good I'd definately consider it. And if nothing else I like to support strong cross-platform titles like this where the developer clearly put in the time to get up to speed with PS3 properly.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

But the techno music is supposed to make you feell PUMPED

Like KILLFUCKDIE!!!!!!!111

after being disapointed by ThE ClUb, this demo made me want to at least rent it, something most demos can't.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Some screen shots from the real game, they look pretty impressive. If you are interested.

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=15980

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX