By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has less First Party Studios than Microsoft. 21 vs 15

That is interesting more for next generation. Looking at that list, most of the games from both I would never even try and I have played most by both that I would be interested in. I have basically come to the conclusion they are equal in terms of games I like that are not on the other system this gen.

That said, MS had a lot of business practices that soured me towards them as a company early on that still annoy me.The biggest one was how early on they constantly lied to consumers and said timed exclusives were true exclusives. This in no way helps a consumer of both products. They also got all the third parties which basically made the consoles very similar, and owning two had less worth. 

Point is, I knew MS had a lot of unique games that is why I bought it. Though I still have found a lot more things I dislike about their services, polices and hardware especially early on that annoyed me more than the faults the PS3 had/has. The cock fighting will never end.

Around the Network

Cool. I am sure MS will continue to make popular retail games and continue to bring/develop tons of incredible downloadable titles.

Carl2291 said:
All those MS studios yet to release a game. I cant wait to see what theyre working on.

Kinect Fit, Kinect Kart, and Kinect Krossing.

If all those unknown titles turn out as good as Forza Horizon then the 720 will be in good shape.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
It's weird how many people (mostly Sony fans it seems) argue that most of MS's studios haven't done anything. They almost seem agitated! These studios haven't released anything yet because they're quite new and haven't had time to produce a game yet! Give them time folks, give them time... This gen will be very interesting!!

Have you ever thought that some of those Sony owners want to see Microsoft make legit games outside of Halo, Forza and Fable? They are sick of the repetitive process (and so am I). I agree that people need to be patient for the 720 but I am hopeful that Microsoft pays more attention to their first party next gen because of how many studios they've created.

I fully agree with your last sentence, and that's why I made that comment. I firmly believe MS will offer much more (and hopefully better) 1st party games next gen, but it sounded as if some people in here didn't get that these were new studios that haven't had a chance to release anything yet.

I believe some of them already have, just for Kinect and XBLA though.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. They've really tried to make that Kinect thing work for them, and I'm sure they'll release even more of those games next gen

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
It's weird how many people (mostly Sony fans it seems) argue that most of MS's studios haven't done anything. They almost seem agitated! These studios haven't released anything yet because they're quite new and haven't had time to produce a game yet! Give them time folks, give them time... This gen will be very interesting!!

Have you ever thought that some of those Sony owners want to see Microsoft make legit games outside of Halo, Forza and Fable? They are sick of the repetitive process (and so am I). I agree that people need to be patient for the 720 but I am hopeful that Microsoft pays more attention to their first party next gen because of how many studios they've created.

I fully agree with your last sentence, and that's why I made that comment. I firmly believe MS will offer much more (and hopefully better) 1st party games next gen, but it sounded as if some people in here didn't get that these were new studios that haven't had a chance to release anything yet.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. They've really tried to make that Kinect thing work for them, and I'm sure they'll release even more of those games next gen

Kinect is getting an upgrade next gen. Its only just begun. Their attempt to prove Kinect was for the core was such a joke. Microsofts false marketing cant work on real gamers. They must put up or shut up.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:

Kinect is getting an upgrade next gen. Its only just begun. Their attempt to prove Kinect was for the core was such a joke. Microsofts false marketing cant work on real gamers. They must put up or shut up.

I wholeheartedly agree. Kinect could be awesome for certain games - like Star Wars, but they fucked that one up completely...

DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Kinect could be awesome for certain games - like Star Wars, but they fucked that one up completely...

Dance Central and Nike Fitness game was fun though. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah those games work perfectly with kinect.  I personally dont kare about kinect though.  

Is Nike Fitness good though?  How does it compare to an actual exercise program if it is good?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I bet they were! I know you watch the AngryJoeShow, so I'll just refer you to his review of Star Wars Kinect ^^ Best part was apparently the dancing :P If this is the kind of games MS's new studios will produce they're in BIG trouble ^^