By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - JOHN LUCAS WAS RIGHT! 20,130,000 Wiis sold by 12/31/08!

Please mister Lucas, I want to know the date of the end of the world.

End of 2008 (31 dec.) prediction :

Wii : 53.5 Million

PS3 : 24 Million

X360 : 27 Million

Prediction started January 1st 2008.

Around the Network

At a certain point, probably the week before Christmas, Nintendo returned to shipping by boat. The numbers from Nintendo are shipped and those include every Wii shipped up to December 31st. Most if not all shipped that final week of December (And probably most of the final 2 weeks of December) were shipped by boat and were sold in January to consumers.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

seeing how few consoles were sold in early january leads one to believe that more rather than less of the latter december production was air shipped

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
DMeisterJ said:
*Sigh*

I'm done. Now we have two of the same topics in the hot topics board. Pity that people don't understand the wasted bandwith, time, and space that posting a thread that is already posted does.

Frankly, the sharpest tool in the shed award stays pretty far away from you too. It's your fault we've got two threads about the same thing wasting bandwidth. Next time, if you post your thread in the correct forum, a duplicate thread won't get made.

We don't have a sales forum so topics that are about sales can be posted in other forums. The Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Gaming forums are about discussing non-sales related content. We don't have this forum so you can ignore it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

DMeisterJ said:
*Sigh*

I'm done. Now we have two of the same topics in the hot topics board. Pity that people don't understand the wasted bandwith, time, and space that posting a thread that is already posted does.
   Whats wrong with starting another so people can take part in this discussion who didn't get a chance to participate in the last one? Your on winter break so you should try to relax some. Remember! Stress is the silent killer!

Around the Network

On-topic: If those numbers are accurate, then my prediction was extremely close. I'd predicted some time ago that the Wii would sell 20.2m before January 1.

Only off by 70,000 - which comes out to about 0.3%

SW-5120-1900-6153

makingmusic476 said:
So, is MGS4 still going to be a 360 exclusive?

Until that one turns out to be true, I'm going to consider JL nothing more than a lucky SOB.

Mm-mm (no, no)...

I always said "MGS4 was not going to the PS3" not that "MGS4 was going to be a 360 exclusive."

I could very well be a lucky SOB but I predicted the region by region hierarchy way back in 2005/2006 on different sites. Ask Rubang B or Dolla Dolla from my time at Joystiq.

Always said:

Americas

1) Wii

2) 360

3) PS3

Japan

1) Wii

2) PS3 (distant 2nd)

3) 360

Europe & the rest

1) Wii

2) 360

3) PS3

I predicted Wii winning 7th gen in 2005 and also how 360 would come at the PS3 as these 2 fight each other for a shrinking prize. You shoulda seen the disbelief! http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3254 Sadly I did NOT predict Sony's self-sabotage.

I said many times Wii was the Future of Gaming & that once again its controls would become standard in the industry. Sony's Sixaxis begin that path. They will eventually try to outright copy the Wiimote in the coming years.

I said that 360 would be passed within the summer by Wii and most specifically July (in dispute but won't quibble)

I said that Wii would sell 20 million by end of 2007 (also in dispute by some)

I predicted this system would break countless records in another forum which eventually banned me. N-Philes.com forums.

Can't even remember all of the ones I came up with. 

Some of my predictions or stipulations in my predictions failed, sure, but this lucky SOB must have one hell of a rabbit's foot.

It's time to up my batting average this year. Let's see what I can come up with next. I don't like taking easy calls. I love to go against the grain!

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!