By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - JOHN LUCAS WAS RIGHT! 20,130,000 Wiis sold by 12/31/08!

I knew it.. can't wait until more of JL's predictions come to pass.

Around the Network

Wasn't his original prediction 24 million that was later pared down to a minimum of 20 million? Somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong. The original prediction was quite some time ago.

And using the excuse of shipped consoles over sold to make the prediction work is pretty damned weak. No one uses shipped numbers on this site.

In any case, it's impressive that he predicted this so long ago but when everything settles down, his prediction was still wrong.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Jaylu (also know as John Lucas) is a seer without peer.

Nintendo counts sold to retailers.
vgchartz counts sold to customers and if im not mistaken so does JL...

inspite of the wii's popularity, its not sold out everywhere in the world.
so no Wii didnt pass the 20 mil milestone on dec 31 2007.

though gotta admit, he was damn close.

edit: what rocketpig said >.<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

also of note,

they upped forecast to 18.5mil wiis for fy07

so 18.5mil+5.84mil=24.34mil by 3/31/08

that's about 4mil more in the next 3 months, or 1.4mil/month in jan/feb/march or about 323k/week average

they will then have 4 months to get 31-24.34=6.66mil for me to win my bet against leo-j, so that's 1.67mil/month

if they don't up production in may like i expect, then it'll be pretty close

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Wasn't his original prediction 24 million that was later pared down to a minimum of 20 million? Somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong. The original prediction was quite some time ago.

And using the excuse of shipped consoles over sold to make the prediction work is pretty damned weak. No one uses shipped numbers on this site.

In any case, it's impressive that he predicted this so long ago but when everything settles down, his prediction was still wrong.

I thought He always said minimum 20 million and I have never heard of this 24 million from that guy anyway he deserve credit for have made the prediction lang before anyone else and was right. The best would be if the man himself explained this a little more.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Even if he was wrong, he was a heck of a lot closer than the vast majority of predictions on this site.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

If you read my post in the original thread you'd know what I'd say now.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

JL originally said 20 million, then he added 24 million as an upper bound, its in his signaturea a link to the origianl statement of his prediction

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Why don't ioi or The Source post in threads like these I would love to see what they mean.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.