By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Breath of the Wild Arrives in 2022, Zelda Game & Watch This December

How do you want Nintendo to celebrate 35 years of Zelda?

Breath of the Wild 2 16 40.00%

Skyward Sword HD (you're in luck!) 5 12.50%

A full-fledged remake of an older game 5 12.50%

Ocarina + Majora remaster collection 2 5.00%

Wind Waker HD + Twilight ... 4 10.00%

Zelda-themed Switch console 0 0%

A brand new 2D Zelda 4 10.00%

Paper Zelda 2 5.00%

Other 2 5.00%

Total:40

Nintendo just announced a new Skyward Sword amiibo. Check it out!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Locking a QoL improvement like fast travel behind an Amiibo paywall is kinda shitty of Nintendo.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

This is ridiculous , even more reasons to stick with my Wii copy.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 19 May 2021

This feels more cheat code than quality of life to me, so I don't mind it being locked to an amiibo. Guess I actually like it more that the game won't have fast travel anywhere as it'd break the travel system that already works pretty well. Yeah it's just an "option", but, still.

^^
Yeah, this kind of is a cheat code. You’re not supposed to chicken out of dungeons to restock on supplies.

Around the Network

I feel like it's pretty shitty to excuse something like this, whether you see it as QoL or a cheat code.

Kind of hate all Amiibo exclusive content/mechanics tbh

0No way I'm paying £50 for this remaster so I've been watching playthroughs online just to revisit the experience and I really hope they bring some incorporation of motion controls into Breadth of the Wild 2.

Last edited by Otter - on 19 May 2021

The amiibo looks great though.
Also this isn't as bad as what they did in Twilight Princess HD with the wolf Link amiibo. Still stupid, should have just given a random collectable item or a few once a day.

It's honestly one of the greatest looking amiibo I'd say. The figurine is worth the price alone. The "cheat code" is basically the icing on top to justify the amiibo namesaque

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909