By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Nintendo Announces TLOZ: Echoes of Wisdom

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 3 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 1 25.00%

Total:4
psychicscubadiver said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
So, it’s a huge undertaking, but would anyone be interested in a big Zelda replay? I’m not sure if we would do only the mainline game or include spinoffs, but either way it could be fun!

Zelda 1/2 are available on Switch online, so that gives us a good head start.

Maybe we could do like one game a month? Maybe shorter windows for the shorter games? It would probably take a year and a half :P

Like a book club, but for finishing Zelda games instead of books? I'd be up for that. Real question is whether we're including the handheld Zeldas or just the console games.

Yeah exactly! I would insist on the handheld games as well, but participants could skip any games they want.

Around the Network

I know this is baseless and all that, but I’ve been thinking about the franchise lately.

Considering that in the past I’ve imagine some ideas that then it appeared late on, it would be fun to just write about it:

1. No Zelda remasters or ports. Due to the succcess of BotW, I believe they don’t want to confuse all the new fans to the franchise, considering almost all of the other 3D games do not share the same ideas than the last one.

2. An 100% outsourced spin-off game. Done by the same team behind Hyrule Warriors. 3D multiplayer game with the physics of BotW.

3. An animated hand-drawn movie that shows in detail the events during the awakening of the calamity ganon in BotW. Basically, the memories, but while the game focused on the bond between Link and Zelda and their preparations before the cataclisim, the movie will focus on the parts we didn’t see such as the king’s and champion’s death and the evacuation of the arma to Fort Hateno and Akkala’s Fortress.

4. The new game will be far away (2021 at the earliest). It will focus on giving us a more lively world where we are going to witness the consecuences of our decisions, changing even complete areas and npc’s lives.

Let’s see how much right and wrong I get!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
I know this is baseless and all that, but I’ve been thinking about the franchise lately.

Considering that in the past I’ve imagine some ideas that then it appeared late on, it would be fun to just write about it:

1. No Zelda remasters or ports. Due to the succcess of BotW, I believe they don’t want to confuse all the new fans to the franchise, considering almost all of the other 3D games do not share the same ideas than the last one.

2. An 100% outsourced spin-off game. Done by the same team behind Hyrule Warriors. 3D multiplayer game with the physics of BotW.

3. An animated hand-drawn movie that shows in detail the events during the awakening of the calamity ganon in BotW. Basically, the memories, but while the game focused on the bond between Link and Zelda and their preparations before the cataclisim, the movie will focus on the parts we didn’t see such as the king’s and champion’s death and the evacuation of the arma to Fort Hateno and Akkala’s Fortress.

4. The new game will be far away (2021 at the earliest). It will focus on giving us a more lively world where we are going to witness the consecuences of our decisions, changing even complete areas and npc’s lives.

1 - I agree, take the R* approach and only focus on the next main installment and throw everything you have into it, that would push the franchise even further and give it a standing among the first party as the game that aims to fill the lack of GTA/RDR void.

2 - I agree with outsourcing spin offs.

3 - Debatable tbh the series even with a canon timeline still maintains a stand alone feel among each game I feel this may impact that.

4 - I think this is a given tbh I'd even say 2022 earliest as imo they'll aim to push Switch like they did the GB and 3DS where it's active for longer than the average 5-6 year life span.

Good idea, replaying the games. Because let’s face it, it’s about replaying Zelda games.

But is that fair, I have them all so I’d have to play them all.

Also, where would I get the time to do this. :-/

Pavolink said:

I'd be down for an animated movie. I don't know how they'd make it work if Link doesn't talk though.

Around the Network

Have to be able to use guides for Zelda 1, the game is virtually unbeatable without them unless you possess prior knowledge or have extreme luck.

Zelda 2 has some battle techniques that most players know (The jump slash on the knights, for example), but unless you learned it somewhere, you woukdn’t know - and the battles are significantly more difficult.

Zelda Ocarina of Time and onward have a lot of vagueness, and while they’re easier to figure out than the stuff in Zelda 1, it could cause the player hours just wandering around a dungeon to find some switch or key hidden under a bombable piece of dirt in the corner of one of the 58 or so large rooms you have access to. Also, your progress is stuck until that vague bit is figured out.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Moving forward, I think what Nintendo should do is have 3 different teams working on Zelda games in 3 different styles.

Zelda Team 1 - Modern, Open World. (Breath of the Wild). 
Zelda Team 2 - Classic, 3D. (Ocarina of Time - Skyward Sword). 
Zelda Team 3 - Original, Top-Down. (OG Zelda, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, etc.) 

The first team would obviously be the biggest one, composed of mostly the same staff that did Breath of the Wild plus some newly hired staff and they can have the second and third teams jump in and help with the next Modern, Open World game after they have finished development with their projects. 

And they could do like they've been doing with spinoffs like you suggested, as well as task Grezzo & Tantalus with remakes like they did with the 3DS remakes.

I would like this not so much for the new fans of the series, but the old ones. 

Breath of the Wild was fantastic and amazing, no question about it... But so was Ocarina of Time. And A Link to the Past. And Majora's Mask. And A Link Between Worlds. And Twilight Princess. And Skyward Sword. I would be greatly disappointed to see development of those type of games and formulas that have carried and defined the series for so long just stop altogether in favor of going all in with the Breath of the Wild formula. I think all three can coexist alongside each other much like how 2D and 3D Mario can coexist along with the millions of Mario spinoffs. This would be a great way to capitalize on the expansion and rise in popularity Breath of the Wild has given the series by introducing the new fans to those formulas. And if that's the case, we could see a new 2D game outsell the original or a classic-styled 3D game outsell Twilight Princess. There's no telling how far the series can climb if they capitalize by doing something like this.

Just... Good luck to the next game in topping madness like this.

PAOerfulone said:

Moving forward, I think what Nintendo should do is have 3 different teams working on Zelda games in 3 different styles.

Zelda Team 1 - Modern, Open World. (Breath of the Wild). 
Zelda Team 2 - Classic, 3D. (Ocarina of Time - Skyward Sword). 
Zelda Team 3 - Original, Top-Down. (OG Zelda, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, etc.) 

The first team would obviously be the biggest one, composed of mostly the same staff that did Breath of the Wild plus some newly hired staff and they can have the second and third teams jump in and help with the next Modern, Open World game after they have finished development with their projects. 

And they could do like they've been doing with spinoffs like you suggested, as well as task Grezzo & Tantalus with remakes like they did with the 3DS remakes.

I would like this not so much for the new fans of the series, but the old ones. 

Breath of the Wild was fantastic and amazing, no question about it... But so was Ocarina of Time. And A Link to the Past. And Majora's Mask. And A Link Between Worlds. And Twilight Princess. And Skyward Sword. I would be greatly disappointed to see development of those type of games and formulas that have carried and defined the series for so long just stop altogether in favor of going all in with the Breath of the Wild formula. I think all three can coexist alongside each other much like how 2D and 3D Mario can coexist along with the millions of Mario spinoffs. This would be a great way to capitalize on the expansion and rise in popularity Breath of the Wild has given the series by introducing the new fans to those formulas. And if that's the case, we could see a new 2D game outsell the original or a classic-styled 3D game outsell Twilight Princess. There's no telling how far the series can climb if they capitalize by doing something like this.

This is exactly what I've been saying for a while now. Why can't we just have it all? As you said, it has always worked for Mario so I don't see why it couldn't work for Zelda too. I deeply miss classic 3D Zelda and didn't really like BotW's formula, so I'm not interested in playing a sequel to that at all.

At the very least I hope indie devs start making Zelda-likes that aren't 2D. They've been doing a good job with resurrecting (mostly) dead genres like 3D platformers, so maybe it's time for them to carry the torch.

Wyrdness said:
Just... Good luck to the next game in topping madness like this.

Annoying that twitter links don't seem to work properly on VGChartz these days, at least for me, but holy smokes, every time I think I've seen everything this game can offer, some new flavour of beautiful insanity emerges.

Making a worthy sequel to this game is going to quite frankly be one of the most near-insurmountable tasks in the history of gaming. I don't envy the Zelda team, expectations are going to be stratospheric.