By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 7 21.88%

A Link to the Past 11 34.38%

Link's Awakening 2 6.25%

Ocarina of Time 4 12.50%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 12.50%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 3 9.38%

Other 1 3.13%

Total:32
Pavolink said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, I haven't seen all that much speculation about it either. Do you think it could be a tent? Wouldn't it make more sense to actually pack up the tent when you ride off on Epona? Why leave the tent behind like that? But like I said to veknoid, I hope this indicate just a little bit of survival mechanics thrown in there.

I believe you actully pack once you ride Epona. The icon is there alongside Epona, and maybe they just cut off the part when Link packs the tent.

hmmm yeah that does seem quite reasonable! I hate knowing so little, yet love all the speculation ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Speaking of speculation...

Take a lot at NeoGAF poster RagnarokX, who tried to match up spots on the GamePad map with locations shown in the gameplay demo. Check it out here.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Take a lot at NeoGAF poster RagnarokX, who tried to match up spots on the GamePad map with locations shown in the gameplay demo. Check it out here.

Thats some fine speculation! Seems pretty legit actually

Veknoid, you should put this speculation in the second post, right after the video and information from the Game Awards! This is what people wanna see when they visit the first page :)

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-interview-excerpts-about-zelda-wii-u/

You showed the Zelda trailer and that’s such a huge world. How is that going to be for you guys to approach as far as gameplay and story, because it’s such a huge world.

With Zelda games, what we’ve always done is try to make them where you enter this big world of Hyrule and there’s a lot to explore and discover, but because of the hardware limitations, what we’ve had to do is segment off each area and piece those segments together in a way that make them feel like a big world. Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game.

Do you see that as a game where people will go to complete a certain mission and they end up doing fifty things along the way?

Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you’re headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we’re trying to do is design it in a way where you don’t have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today’s lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say “maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing.” and get that thing done, then take a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkU6O4p7Lw&feature=youtu.be&t=3m23s

All sounds very promising,... and huge.

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-interview-excerpts-about-zelda-wii-u/

You showed the Zelda trailer and that’s such a huge world. How is that going to be for you guys to approach as far as gameplay and story, because it’s such a huge world.

With Zelda games, what we’ve always done is try to make them where you enter this big world of Hyrule and there’s a lot to explore and discover, but because of the hardware limitations, what we’ve had to do is segment off each area and piece those segments together in a way that make them feel like a big world. Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game.

Do you see that as a game where people will go to complete a certain mission and they end up doing fifty things along the way?

Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you’re headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we’re trying to do is design it in a way where you don’t have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today’s lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say “maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing.” and get that thing done, then take a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkU6O4p7Lw&feature=youtu.be&t=3m23s

All sounds very promising,... and huge.

Love it!

It's good to hear straight from Miyamoto :)

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Thats some fine speculation! Seems pretty legit actually

looks off to me..link from that cliff sees the whole first part of the area on the map cut by water..and if he starts walking towards that mountain in a straight line the closer he comes the more the mountain would move to the right. so that mountain is in the first area or in the second middle area on the map where the E3 trailer took place..and if you take a look at the E3 trailer you can clearly see a mountain on the right side..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I'm just now seeing there was a gamexplain video about the VA footage... Plus this gaf analysis. Interesting stuff and most of it looks pretty convincing. Though I'm not yet running around screaming, inside my head my hype for this game is through the roof .

S.Peelman said:
I'm just now seeing there was a gamexplain video about the VA footage... Plus this gaf analysis. Interesting stuff and most of it looks pretty convincing. Though I'm not yet running around screaming, inside my head my hype for this game is through the roof .

this from gaf is total BS.

he basically saw a mountain and said there it is on the map. what we see from the gameplay footage from Links perspective is like 10% of the world.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
S.Peelman said:

this from gaf is total BS.

he basically saw a mountain and said there it is on the map. what we see from the gameplay footage from Links perspective is like 10% of the world.

The guy fixed that now, the circled mountain is crossed out with another one circled that makes more sense also considering other shots. Anyway, I was also refering to the gamexplain video plus I said 'most' looks pretty convincing .