By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25

Nintendo just released some data from Q3. Breath of the Wild is now at 31.61 million units shipped. And Tears of the Kingdom is now at 20.28 million units shipped.

Check out the full results here: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2024/240206_4e.pdf

Around the Network

Combined fifty-fucking-two million!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Check out these amazing videos from Nintendo Live 2024! The first is a statue exhibition and the second a concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3buFsavwMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXHrHRZzLk

Our own @UnderwaterFunktown wrote an article on the future of 3D Zelda! Check it out here: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/460288/looking-ahead-a-possible-future-for-3d-zelda/

Well, I hope that future of Zelda is going back to (for the most part) actual formula of Zelda 1.

Around the Network

When it comes to replaying Zelda games is in a strange spot for me. Usually I replay games I love to death, but most Zelda games I love but only played through once. And the few that I have replayed I mostly only revisit one time. A Link to the Past is by far the Zelda game I have run through most times, probably somewhere between 50 and 100 times. I have replayed Links awakening 4 or 5 times, and the oracle games one extra time each or how many was needed to get the "true" ending.

The only 3D Zelda I have gone start to finish more than one time is Twilight Princess. I strangely sort of daydream about replaying them often but for some reason almost never do. Re-live the games through watching speedrunners and things like dungeon rankings on youtube.

Not sure if this was ever posted, mod that converts BotW into (sort of) RPG with XP, that player uses to acquire HP/Stamina, while Orbs from shrines have another purpose:

It's an interesting idea, not quite full total conversion mod, but it really pushes you to play quite different than vanilla BotW.

Pre-orders are open for the deluxe Figma figure of Link from Tears of the Kingdom. Check out some images below:

Source

IcaroRibeiro said:

I think I also agree with Rols comment about the lack of money. I'm not bothering, because I'm not upgrading my gears, but really asking 500 rupees for every piece of clothing upgrade in the last level is evil. You will need 80k rupees to upgrade them all. Many of those gears need your most reliable resource of money, which are gems like diamonds and rubies

I don't even think I have reached 15k even if I've played for more than 150 hours, and that was selling tons of opals, amber, sapphires, etc 

I remember in BOTW I bought all the gear I wanted without troubling much with rupees. Here the only armor I have fully bought is the Gerudo Voe set, because Link looks cool wearing them 

Be a completionist in this game might be a nightmare...

My main source of income late game (when you are going for those upgrades) are selling my excess bright bloom seeds.  Actual rupees are much more scarce in this game than BotW but I have loads of stuff in my pack that I will never use all of.  I have very little use of the seeds (both large and small) here at the end of the game where I am cave hunting and have already lit up the entirety of the depths.

The game flowed very well for me because I did a little of this, a little of that, oh I need something ... better go find a Gleeok.  I never had a run where i tried to knock out all shrines in a row, or all quests in a row.  I moved about organically until the end and did what was in the area. Now in the end game I've finished all quests, all shrines, and lastly am searching out all the caves to get those delicious Bubbul gems.  This process is the only part that has felt like a bit of a drag.  I place a fast travel spot next to the ?cherry? trees and make an offering, I mark the cave locations on the map, then I set off with my sensor+ attuned to Bubbulfrogs. It has been a while since I played it but I think I have less than 10 caves left to find.

Just like BotW there is no way I'm going after all the Korok seeds.  Once I had my inventory expanded to max I would veer off course to collect one but I will not seek them out.

Player A: “I wanna 100% the game!”
Player B: “Don’t. The game isn’t designed for that, you won’t enjoy it.”
Player A: “The option is there! I don’t care if you say it won’t be fun because I wanna see all the game in one go!”
Player A 700 hours later: “This game sucks! Nintendo, please cut half this game and re-release it! It I s too big and lots of repetitive stuff.”
Player B: “Told you so.”
Player A: “I don’t care! I did nothing wrong! The people who love this game are wrong! Nintendo designed the game wrong!”
Player A: “I’m going to read through all the pages in this Choose Your Own Adventure book in one go!”
Player B: 😫

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.