By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25
zeldaring said:

I enjoy the gliding, it's just it needs a much better option on foot like a great horse. I know you wanna explore every single inch of the game like  explorer but for the majority it's probably the best part of the game lol.

As for the fusion and cooking its just way to many freaking things to test it's just get tiresome and looking through 100s of items all the time. like when i fuse the bow and have to scroll through 100s of items to find what i wanna fuse it with, it's just ruined the flow of gameplay and combat for me, same with breakable weapons. The champions abilities are a pain in the ass to use as well, yea that's a big fail. 

Gliding is great, from the top of mountains. I don't like gliding down from sky islands or launch towers. (I don't use the launch towers at all) It makes the world look small and makes me constantly aware of the artificial edges, longing to see what's beyond the Gerudo Desert or in the green lands to the North, what's across the ocean etc. I haven't gone back to the sky at all after checking out each island chain there, no draw to revisit. It has the lowest amount of trails in my hero's path by an order of magnitude.

Fusion agreed, I'm just using the same things all the time, sorted on most used, first 5 or 6 items and that's it. For swords I sort on damage and drop a silver boss bokoblin horn or silver Lizalfo horn for an axe. I can't be bothered finding the elemental stuff in the mile long list of items. Gleeocks are no fun because of this as it's a long search for the right eye balls. Cooking is a pain for the same reasons, yet now I'm doing quests everyone keeps throwing meals and sleep over tickets at me so restoring health is never an issue, still no need to cook.

Even the Zonai stuff is a pita to select each time. Why can't it remember what I selected last time and all the things look very similar from the couch. I wanted a stake not a rocket, nvm. No logical sort to them either.

Maybe that's why I enjoy riding around so much while avoiding combat, minimize interaction with the UI lol.
Or rather spend more time playing instead of constantly pausing :)

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
zeldaring said:

I enjoy the gliding, it's just it needs a much better option on foot like a great horse. I know you wanna explore every single inch of the game like  explorer but for the majority it's probably the best part of the game lol.

As for the fusion and cooking its just way to many freaking things to test it's just get tiresome and looking through 100s of items all the time. like when i fuse the bow and have to scroll through 100s of items to find what i wanna fuse it with, it's just ruined the flow of gameplay and combat for me, same with breakable weapons. The champions abilities are a pain in the ass to use as well, yea that's a big fail. 

Gliding is great, from the top of mountains. I don't like gliding down from sky islands or launch towers. (I don't use the launch towers at all) It makes the world look small and makes me constantly aware of the artificial edges, longing to see what's beyond the Gerudo Desert or in the green lands to the North, what's across the ocean etc. I haven't gone back to the sky at all after checking out each island chain there, no draw to revisit. It has the lowest amount of trails in my hero's path by an order of magnitude.

Fusion agreed, I'm just using the same things all the time, sorted on most used, first 5 or 6 items and that's it. For swords I sort on damage and drop a silver boss bokoblin horn or silver Lizalfo horn for an axe. I can't be bothered finding the elemental stuff in the mile long list of items. Gleeocks are no fun because of this as it's a long search for the right eye balls. Cooking is a pain for the same reasons, yet now I'm doing quests everyone keeps throwing meals and sleep over tickets at me so restoring health is never an issue, still no need to cook.

Even the Zonai stuff is a pita to select each time. Why can't it remember what I selected last time and all the things look very similar from the couch. I wanted a stake not a rocket, nvm. No logical sort to them either.

Maybe that's why I enjoy riding around so much while avoiding combat, minimize interaction with the UI lol.
Or rather spend more time playing instead of constantly pausing :)

I agree with you on everything, but walking/sprinting feels so slow  in these huge empty fields Where a great controlling fast horse would do wonders for me, that i just fast travel everywhere and glide.  A horse like torrent would make a huge difference, and stop the game from just being a fast trave tower glider which i'm sure is what most people to move around.

yea man fusion is just busy work. just give like useful weapons drop from enemies instead of wasting time looking for  a weapon and fusing it with this clunky ass  controls and UI. you are probably used to it by now but i finished the game in 70 hours and one and done, because this game doesn't really have a good gameplay loop.  

The Nintendo online store has a couple new Zelda-themed items:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-wall-tapestry-119783/

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-lapel-pin-119780/

Less than three hours left to get the latest TotK icon elements!

New Zelda-themed shirts at The Yetee:

About 13 hours left to buy: https://theyetee.com/

I might have to buy both...

Around the Network

I'm back in the Depths, this time for the bosses. It's a different game now with 60 armor, now I'm a bullet sponge too lol. I took that nasty King Gleock down in the Depths, which cost me a lot of saved up eyes, several bows, my best weapons. The health bars need to be bigger so I can see some movement, sometimes I'm not sure if I'm hitting it right, doing any damage at all. And after all that, cap of twilight as reward.... I guess it's some rupees :/

Linels the same. I was trying to take one down using the sages, well at least they distract him now and then. Otherwise, completely useless. I ended up chasing Riju, trying to get his ability to work but was never able to catch him. Tulin, Yunobo and Sidon all got in the way while Mineru was doing her own thing off to the side. So puff shroom, rocket shield, land on its back for a couple hits, repeat. For some reason I can't mount the Linel from the ground. From some angles the prompt shows up for a milli second, not long enough to actually get on. And of course the savage 3x bow I got from the Lynel broke before I even had the King Gleock down 20%.

The previously empty arenas are now filled with the temple bosses, defeat again for 100 crystalized charges. At least they're easy although some just draw out the fight for no reason, especially that Muktorok.

I build a death machine, 12 beam lasers on a 'truck'. It makes short work of camps but driving it around is annoying. Probably easier just to carry the beam lasers around by hand... Still fastest to puff shroom sneak strike the camps after a muddle bud or two. Yet Zonaite is everywhere in the Depths, so most efficient to use that for combat. It doesn't work very well against bosses apart from Hinox. The lasers don't target the weak points and Linels simply make it disappear. Yet after a Frox broke my truck, holding the laser array in my hand made quick work of it. Hand targeting the weak points works very well.

It's good to be back in the Depths again, clearing the place out. Just got to make sure to now always be down here at night so the blood moon doesn't reset everything again! One odd thing, the random spawns are gone (no frogs, baby talus, bokoblin/lizalfo spawns). Suits me fine :)

A couple new Zelda shirts up at The Yetee. <5 hours to go.

Source

I gotta finish Tears of The Kingdom before the Holidays start because I asked for three new Switch games that will take up a lot of my time.

Ha, yeah games are starting to pile up. I'm still going with TotK, on a quest to clear the world by suppressing the blood moon every night. I'm starting to feel the effects of the save game getting bigger, loading isn't as fast anymore as it used to be. Yet so far it's still doing the job or remembering every enemy I have killed since over a month ago. Hyrule is a much safer place already!

*triumphantly roaring like the Dragon of Light after having killed Ganon*