By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGLeaks: Orbis unveiled!

Anyone else think they will unveil this at the destination playstation next month?

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Anyone else think they will unveil this at the destination playstation next month?

GDC or any special event in March/April I guess...

Train wreck said:

I hope so.  I think Kaz's statement was more PR than anything.  They have their dates set at this point and he just doesn't want to reveal anything.  Besides he was merely making an argument for one strategy, not saying that would be the one they follow.  I feel like if they announce first and have similar specs, the Xbox announcment will look like a "me too" statement.  Goes both ways however so I hope they announce first.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

The SoC chip diagram.

Train wreck said:

No I think that's too early. Earliest they'd reveal is at GDC I'd say (late march).

Around the Network

For the guys curious about the similar GPU in PC.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7850/Pages/radeon-7850.aspx

Perfomance without console optmizations.

@ethomaz Which one of those graphics cards will the PS4 be using according to this leak? Sorry I'm very bad at this LOL.

a problem I see with these rumored specs is the Texture units / ROPs
the 7970M (the Liverpool GPU is said to be based on) has 80 texture units and 160 ROPs ..

$400 cheapest, up to $499 I reckon. On the plus side, it sounds good, 8x the power of 360 and about 3x the power of WiiU.

Let's see games!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.