By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGLeaks: Orbis unveiled!

It would surprise me to see one SKU, though perhaps that's just at launch. The Wii U deluxe was obviously more popular among early adopters, so perhaps they're looking at that, though the cheaper PS3 SKU did very well in Europe.

So we're down to 4GB RAM now? Interesting.

Around the Network

platformmaster918 said:

I see.  So they could sell at a profit for $400 with a basic controller?  Or maybe have a BC model for $450?

I think Sony will sell it with little loss or no profit... $350... I believe .

TheFallen said:
So a 6x speed blu ray drive. Will mandatory installs become a thing of the past?

27MB/s is not that much tbh.. a disk drive is prob. around 60MB/s SSD around 250+/s

but it all depends how much texture poping you like in your games.. or some new game engine tech solves that part.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

pr3st00 said:
ok... Sorry if that was asked before.. but how is this compared with their latest durango rumors (http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled-2/)?

- CPU almost even
- GPU way stronger... 2x more power
- Less memory for games

Well that's it but you have to added the unknown "special sauce" in Durango... the guy are saying it do the miracle in the Microsoft machine.

So, it is identical or just similar to the NextBox Leak??

Not impressed.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

platformmaster918 said:

I see.  So they could sell at a profit for $400 with a basic controller?  Or maybe have a BC model for $450?

350$ is prob. the sweetspot in pricing for a home console.
American's get it cheap, all else get a bit more butt-raped ;) as usual
(since it will prob cost 350€ in europe and thats waaaaaay more)
But thats just for the box.. if they do some fancy stuff with the controller etc. I think they will have a hard time with pricing like the PS3 launch..

Let's just hope they learned something from that launch :)

He said Jaguar OO

ethomaz said:

platformmaster918 said:

wow...that would destroy WiiU sales given these specs (I love Nintendo but damn they would have to do a price drop).  I just hope they have either a BC SKU or a BC attachment as I would love to have everything on one box (have all my PSone and 2 games on HD collections or digital now).  I wouldn't even mind if it cost $100 since I can sell my 500gb PS3 for at least $150 even after a price drop.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

happydolphin said:
He said Jaguar OO

Calm down!
this time it might be a good thing... right?... RIGHT?! as long as the slogan isn't:
"Do the math" ... then we are f*cked...

riderz13371 said:

10X more powerful seriously Etho? Damn don't lie to me!!

The Fusion A10-5800K (the top one in the market) have a GPU with 386 shadders... we are talking here with a GPU at least 3x  more powerful than A10-5800k without hardware otmizations ans the customizations for consoles.

The A10-5800K GPU is 3x more powerful than GPU into 360.