By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Racial Violence In the US

Nightwish224 said:
outlawauron said:
Nightwish224 said:
The U.S. is so focused on race & ethnicity. I feel when we focus too much on this, and it really just creates divisions between our nation.

This one really doesn't have a lot to do with the interracial tensions and the US, but rather between US, Cuba, and Mexico.

My statement can really be applied to either aspect (whether individual people in the U.S., or other nations). We've always been focused on it and it will forever be a main talking point.

True I guess. It's kinda similar the large immigration issue that the EU faces imo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
FreeTalkLive said:
NightDragon83 said:

Really?  So you think that highly addictive painkillers and anti-depressant drugs (which more people in the US abuse and overdose on than any "illegal" drug every year) should be available over the counter?  That's taking things a bit far, isn't it?  In a country where salt and sugary foods and drinks are being banned because they make people who consume way too much of them fat, we're going to make prescription drugs easier for just about everyone to access?

That's the traditional US system. It worked for 100s of years in the US. It was working OK when the system changed. Changing the system caused more harm than good. We should abandon the communist like medical system we have now and go back to the traditional US system. What do you have against the US tradition that worked for 100s of years? You know, where children were allowed to be sent to town at age 12 in the Summer to buy alcohol or powerful pain meds for a family that was busy on the farm.

I didn't know that drug manufacturing companies being able to profit off of their own research, manufacturing ans sale of their products, as well as insurance companies being able to profit off of the risks they take in covering people who potentially need hundreds of thousands for their medical bills was considered communist.

I'm talking about the top down control. The elimination of freedom. The 2 sets of rules for the rulers and the regular people. For 100s of years, you didn't need a prescription to by many powerful drugs in the US. There wasn't even an age limit on who could by them. Back then, the addiction rate was about what it is today. The massive layers of bureaucracy, expensive prices, massive prison system and elimination of 100s of freedoms hasn't helped us at all. It's destroying America.

Companies should be able to make money, for sure. But requiring government photo ID and prescriptions to be medicine hurts everyone.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org