By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Developer SuperBot Lays Off Around 20 Employees

riderz13371 said:

Maybe it performed to Sony's expectations. Do you know the budget for the game? Do you know the digital sales for the game? Just because we "hoped" that the game would sell millions of copies doesn't mean it's failed in Sony's eyes. 

Sony positioned this as it's big Xmas game.  So, uhhh... yeah.  But go on and B_E_L_E_I_V_E.  Don't let me stop you!  Out.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
kupomogli said:
Rafux said:
I hope they get rid of the guy who made the net code, can't play this online.

What's sad is that the online was far better during 1.01.  1.03 made it kick players off 2v2 matches constantly, and after 1.05 I haven't played one four player match where there wasn't some sort of game breaking latency.

You know, now that you mention it... the online has been shitty since the last update. Lag is killing the fun I used to have with this game

My second online match after the recent update I was actually placed into a 2v2 match. No clue how as I invited no one and had no friends over. We lost of course. Spent 56 seconds trying to beat the shit out of Raiden and getting pissed as to why nothing was hitting. Took me 56 seconds to notice our player indicators were the same color. 

4 ≈ One

NintendoPie said:
It obviously has something to do with PSASBR. It's not because they just want to downsize.

Though, this is sad. It's not good that any studio is laying off employees. But at least they aren't THQ.

Well THQ has been around since the NES days which is what...24-25 years ago.  This company has been around for how long and already downsizing.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Weren't these guys just hiring a week ago?

I've seen the light, people. This is probably just a normal thing. Afterall, they needed a lot of people for PSASBR.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
hatmoza said:
kupomogli said:
Rafux said:
I hope they get rid of the guy who made the net code, can't play this online.

What's sad is that the online was far better during 1.01.  1.03 made it kick players off 2v2 matches constantly, and after 1.05 I haven't played one four player match where there wasn't some sort of game breaking latency.

You know, now that you mention it... the online has been shitty since the last update. Lag is killing the fun I used to have with this game

My second online match after the recent update I was actually placed into a 2v2 match. No clue how as I invited no one and had no friends over. We lost of course. Spent 56 seconds trying to beat the shit out of Raiden and getting pissed as to why nothing was hitting. Took me 56 seconds to notice our player indicators were the same color. 

I swear on the holy twikie that's exactly what happened to me a few time except I chased after Raiden the whole three minutes. Better warn my brother of this glitch.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I highly doubt the game development cost Sony more than 4million, when i played it i felt like im playing a low budget game little to no cut scenes a very short single player not a lot of game modes and the online is sooo laggy. so i think they made a profit with the 500k+ they sold.

When some one who knows the situation goes on twitter and say when it rains it pours that doesn't seem like normal layoffs to me.