By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What system is in more trouble, PSV or WiiU?

What system is in more trouble PSVita or Wii U

PSVita 229 77.63%

Wii U 38 12.88%

Dude, its totally Atari 2... 26 8.81%

Total:293

I'm not even going to read the op. The Vita obviously.

Around the Network

Sony REALLY need to announce more games for the Vita because no matter how you put it, the Vita is suffering more.

It's the damn games you need for a console. Look at the Wii U! It just announced a whole bunch of it's mega hit franchises that will be getting games on the console: New Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros... Fuck that's all Nintendo needs to succeed...

Vita needs more and more games.

FinalEvangelion said:
Sony fans will say that the Wii U is in more trouble and Nintendo/Microsoft fans will say that the PSV is in more trouble.

Not even Sony fans refuse to see what's happening to the Vita.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Cross-X said:
Sony REALLY need to announce more games for the Vita because no matter how you put it, the Vita is suffering more.

It's the damn games you need for a console. Look at the Wii U! It just announced a whole bunch of it's mega hit franchises that will be getting games on the console: New Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros... Fuck that's all Nintendo needs to succeed...

Vita needs more and more games.

lol, just those titles released in any new Console will save it!

Otakumegane said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Sony fans will say that the Wii U is in more trouble and Nintendo/Microsoft fans will say that the PSV is in more trouble.

Not even Sony fans refuse to see what's happening to the Vita.

I already predicted it way before it came out but nobody from the Sony camp wanted to listen at the time. I especially said it clearly again why Sony will have an issue selling it after they announced the memory card bullshit and there were still people arguing with me. The AC Bundle was really awesome though, but the problem still persists afterwards after the deals were done! I'm always on the side of the consumers and not the corporations though so it makes sense as to why I was so right. :P

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Vita..the price ;x.

Pretty sure people will buy the system after a price cut which of course will encourage developers to develop/release games.

As long as it doesnt go down to two digits or three digits worldwide it'll get better eventually (and not halt to a complete stop).

Two digits, as in 86 units sold worldwide? If any console ever sells that low, it's dead.  We are talking about a system who needs some 6 digit sale figures this year, or it'll be in a hopeless place.

After the ND I think Nintendo is "saved" after E3. The possible games we are getting after that will move a lot consoles, I mean Mario Kart and 3D Mario are some big hitters. The Wii U will struggle the first half of 2013, after that it looks like the system will have decent numbers.

As for the Vita, well it's been a year since the west release of the console and the system isn't doing any better. There are good games for the system but none of them are system sellers, and the games we know are coming this year won't probably change that.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Since we were talking 2 digits, I applied logic and assumed we were talking weekly sales. Because surely, you can't ever consider the Vita selling 2-3 digits on a yearly basis. The Mega Drive sells better than that currently.

The difference to me is we know the Vita's competition, the 3DS and it is doing very well and 2013 looks to be a monster year with Monster Hunter and Pokemon and half dozen or so other major sellers.

Wii U has no direct competition for at least another eight months. People forget that Microsoft or Sony could easily have slow launches and see similar rate of titles coming out. The Wii U will be in a similar position in 2015 if Sony and / or Microsoft have good 2014s and seem to be in position to have monster 2015s.

Simply put, we know Vita is struggling and has a big fight on its hand, much of Wii Us struggles are still conjecture against unknown opposition.

wii u is doing okay and it will get better, i want vita to get better to but it's going to need a good strategy to make it a success