By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What system is in more trouble, PSV or WiiU?

What system is in more trouble PSVita or Wii U

PSVita 229 77.63%

Wii U 38 12.88%

Dude, its totally Atari 2... 26 8.81%

Total:293

Not sure if this thread is serious.....

Around the Network
Player2 said:

The non-Nintendo console getting less third party support than the Nintendo console is a clear indicator of which one is in more trouble.

The best statement on the matter thus far.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

SxyxS said:
In the short run maybe vita,but if you consider Mario and MH were released for wii u and its sales are only slightly better than Vita this week(17000).
Considering Vita was competing with several Marios(2+3d),MH,OOT last year Wii U may suffer the same low sales competing with GTA5,bioshock,gow,last of us this year and next gen games(halo5,GT6...)wouldn't make it easier.

Wii U: it depends on:will core gamers buy this system just to play mario 3d(and than wait 1-2years until zelda)
or will they use this money for the ps460.Many great games out there this year=expensive=no money for Wii U AND next gen.
Will there be a huge Price cut to attract casual?
Will nintendo create something unique?

Vita: can Vita do the same the ps3 did?Low sales in the beginning but thanks to great hardware and price cuts more and more attractive year after year.Will there be a gta vita,gow,GT?

huge difference in PS3 and Vita. PS3 was a monster in price. Also it had no line up, Vita is doing much worse, it has games, and even holiday with a game,memory card, and price drop to $199.99 it didn't do crap. Wii U needs titles and MorePublic knowledge. The two dont compare close. Wii U wont have good sales in the next month or two but it will eventually pass Vita in sales maybe by Summer

Despite my rants on what Nintendo's done wrong with WiiU - it is still in a far better position than Vita.

Gamecube was still profitable and I'm sure WiiU will - in the end - outsell Gamecube and be a profit generator (just no Wii). Nintendo has strong, mature IPs that will get people to buy WiiU, even if it's only a secondary console. In the short term, WiiU will struggle, but once Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda, Kart arrive, sales will pick up.

Vita has no such luck. I doubt it's profitable for Sony. It's questionable if it ever will be. It has no promising system sellers on the horizon and Sony's IPs are all better suited to home consoles. 3rd parties have written the Vita off (yes, they might do the same with WiiU but Nintendo's systems sell on the strentgh of Nintendo's brands). It's in dire straights - especially in Japan where the PSP still outsells it and 3DS is absolutely crushing it.
Ultimately, Sony may decide to let Vita fade away (once everyone is focused on PS4) znd focus their resources on PS4.

why is this question even being asked?

spurgeonryan said:
The retail stores are forcing the price cuts on vita. Exclusives are here and have been coming. Rumors are everywhere about other big games and it has a loyal ....gamer base.

Maybe it is just a feeling, but I feel it is slowly turning around.

so basically you are saying you have no evidence to support there is any turn around yet.

Besides, talking about VITA exclusives are here and coming is laughable. If those "exclusives" actually means anything, VITA's number wouldn't be this bad right now. And the rumor of the "other big game" has been going on for over a year which also has no evidence to support it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
SwansVanTerif said:

I think it needs a price-cut badly, but Sony don't want to do that before it is profitable at that lower pricepoint, thus making the Vita sales suffer as long as it will take. If it's not before fall 2013, I think the fight will be lost, and the Vita will become mostly for the Japanese hardcore gamers.

It's too late for that, I think. Between Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, and a plethora of huge RPGs, the 3DS already owns that market. This is especially dependent on how you define "hardcore," because it wouldn't be difficult to lump the very dedicated players of Animal Crossing and Pokémon in there.

The Wii U has big exclusives out the wazoo that are announced and on their way. Even if it takes two years for them all to hit, the point is there will eventually be tons of reasons to own a Wii U. The Vita's only heavy hitter on the way right now is a remake of Final Fantasy X that will also be on the PS3. Unless Sony floods us with big Vita game announcements soon, the Vita is screwed.

BasilZero said:
Vita..the price ;x.

Pretty sure people will buy the system after a price cut which of course will encourage developers to develop/release games.

As long as it doesnt go down to two digits or three digits worldwide it'll get better eventually (and not halt to a complete stop).

Holiday, A free game, Free Memory, and a price drop to $199.99 didn't make great sales. unfortunately its not the price, but it will help

BasilZero said:
tbone51 said:
BasilZero said:
Vita..the price ;x.

Pretty sure people will buy the system after a price cut which of course will encourage developers to develop/release games.

As long as it doesnt go down to two digits or three digits worldwide it'll get better eventually (and not halt to a complete stop).

Holiday, A free game, Free Memory, and a price drop to $199.99 didn't make great sales. unfortunately its not the price, but it will help

You do know the launch of the Wii-U along with other great deals (PS3/Xbox360) were available right?

I'm talking about a permanent price cut not a temporary holiday one that has high stake competition.

Edit: Also lol @ 4GB memory card for free isnt something I would brag about or be proud of in a deal.

lmao your right on the memory card. The permanent price drop should include a 16gig at least imo! A price to $179.99 seems like the most reasonable

Sony fans will say that the Wii U is in more trouble and Nintendo/Microsoft fans will say that the PSV is in more trouble.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.