By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo: 660k Wii sold in Spain LTD

Total sales in Spain are 660.000 units since launch. Almost 200.000 more units than Vgcharts shows on its data. It's important to add the Wii has completely sold out in Spain.

This should be corrected asap.

BR,

I attach the news source (the most important videogame website for all the spanish comunity):

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw479869d55e986&pic=GEN

Around the Network

At the moment the situation in Spain in terms of sales of new generation of consoles is as follows (rounded): PlayStation 3 has exceeded 400000 units, taking advantage regarding Wii at 50000 units, as this is less than 360000 units sold. Xbox 360 is little more than 219000 units sold, which puts a considerable way towards their competitors, but by improving the first Xbox.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...=en&ie=UTF8

hardware total (30 th november)
1 PS3 400.000
2 WII 360.000
3 360 219.000

i think vgchartz undertracked it a little

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Soriku said:
No, I didn't read.

I'm in school. I can't read quick enough.

that's more school than leo-j is going to!

the Wii is an epidemic.

I'm so confused about Spain sales. I mean I thought PS3 was doing better than Wii. I see where yall are getting this article and here's what gonintendo has on it:

- Wii sales: 660.000 life to date (launched on december 9th)

- Total next-gen market (since Xbox 360 launch):
* Wii: 51%
* PS3: 31%
* Xbox 360: 17%

- Wii took 66,11% sales last december

- DS sales: 2.600.000 life to date.
- Total portable market (next-gen):
* DS + DSLite: 65%
* PSP: 34%
- DS took 76% sales last december

- Spanish market share 2007:
* Nintendo: 56%
* Sony: 36%
* Microsoft: 3%

I mean does this not come from a credible source or what. So confused. Someone want to fill me in.

Around the Network

^i think ninty released it but im not to sure

I don't know Nintendo wouldn't talk about the others or give percent of market share. Wouldn't make sense. This is coming from another source. Don't know if its credible.

What I do know is we did undertrack slightly in Europe/Other for Wii by about 100k units, so some of that may be made up here.

prosugno360 said:
At the moment the situation in Spain in terms of sales of new generation of consoles is as follows (rounded): PlayStation 3 has exceeded 400000 units, taking advantage regarding Wii at 50000 units, as this is less than 360000 units sold. Xbox 360 is little more than 219000 units sold, which puts a considerable way towards their competitors, but by improving the first Xbox.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...=en&ie=UTF8

hardware total (30 th november)
1 PS3 400.000
2 WII 360.000
3 360 219.000

That link doesn't work. Also those numbers just seem off, PS3 averaging almost 100k units per month compared to just over 20k in the 6 months before, 360 selling 70k units while only having sold 150k units in almost 2 years time. I understand sales go up in the last few months of the year, but the differences just seem to be too big in my opinion. So does that article clearly state those are Gfk numbers?

Zucas said:
I don't know Nintendo wouldn't talk about the others or give percent of market share. Wouldn't make sense. This is coming from another source. Don't know if its credible.

What I do know is we did undertrack slightly in Europe/Other for Wii by about 100k units, so some of that may be made up here.

your right i dont think they would talk about the others

jcp234 said:
tk1797 said:
Bodhesatva said:
tk1797 said:
^ Grandia 4 perhaps.

Possibly. Mainly, I just wanted to point out how mind blowing it was to find out that the team behind Grandia/Lunar is making Smash Brothers. It's such an odd combination: not only are they hardcore RPG devs, they're third party, to boot. 

I find them working on brawl worrying. Like you mentioned there good at making rpgs that is basically it. When they made games in other gendre they have been pretty bad like the silpheed games. Also the lastest Lunar sucked something awful; I wish I could get the 8.99 I bought it for. They also keep remaking Lunar games for some reason.

As for grandia 2, Its a good game but I think its a little over appreciated. The game has terrible slowdown that took away from the experience and the story is a little bland and why the fuck isn't Ryudo with Elena at the end. I haven't played 3 but I hated Grandia Xtreme.

Meh maybe I'm over thinking it. I'm sure sora ltd. will keep them in check.

Um, which system did you have the game for? I had the dreamcast version and it was perfection. I was amazed with the story and character development. I do agree that additions to the franchise post Grandia II were very underwhelming. 

I played the ps2 version.