By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Force - Is it worth $18 an issue?

Will You Buy a Nintendo Force Issue? Is it Worth it?

Yes, I have, and it was worth it 3 10.34%

Yes, I have, but regret it 1 3.45%

No, I haven't, but I plan to 0 0%

No, I haven't and for $18 who would? 10 34.48%

No, I haven't, but I'm considering it. 3 10.34%

WHAT?!?!? Nintendo Power is over?!?!? 0 0%

What's Nintendo Force? 4 13.79%

See Results 8 27.59%

Total:29

Hey Nintendo Power readers. Have any of you bought the new Nintendo Force Magazine? It's $18 on Forbes and I was wondering, is it cheaper at a retailer? Nintendo Power Magazines were $6 a peice, is it worth the 300% increase in price?

I'm debating buying a copy. Is it worth it?

Also is there a Fire Emblem: Kakusei (Why hasn't this been updated on VGC?) Poster?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

It's only $18 if you want a physical copy printed and mailed. This is because as a new, independently made magazine, they haven't found a cheap, print solution yet. You can get it for only $5 if you want the digital only copy, which can be read on iPad, or downloaded as a PDF (and I think a few other formats). From what I can tell, they are hoping to figure these things out by issue 2 and the cost should go way down.
As far as the magazine itself, it is a very good homage to Nintendo Power, it's format and personality are VERY similar to NP. You could consider it a spiritual successor. It's pretty good. My only worries are if it'll last, due to this being basically a side project for a lot of the writers and editors. We'll see. It's certainly worth a look for a Nintendo Power fan.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Nope not in the slightest, maybe 5 bucks.

You can buy the digital version for $4.99. That's what I did. I didn't really care for it, though. The magazine is run by like two dozen high-profile fanboys who spend most of their time pandering and very little of the magazine actually has any kind of journalism or news coverage. I won't be buying it again, not unless they start to actually get news coverage of upcoming games instead of just making article after article of how much they all love Nintendo.

In case you couldn't tell, I really, really don't like pandering or blind fanboys ;)

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
You can buy the digital version for $4.99. That's what I did. I didn't really care for it, though. The magazine is run by like two dozen high-profile fanboys who spend most of their time pandering and very little of the magazine actually has any kind of journalism or news coverage. I won't be buying it again, not unless they start to actually get news coverage of upcoming games instead of just making article after article of how much they all love Nintendo.

In case you couldn't tell, I really, really don't like pandering or blind fanboys ;)

Does it come with a poster? Yea, I didn't like the last issue of NP for that reason as well, but the top 250 games was interesting.

Tizona said:
It's only $18 if you want a physical copy printed and mailed. This is because as a new, independently made magazine, they haven't found a cheap, print solution yet. You can get it for only $5 if you want the digital only copy, which can be read on iPad, or downloaded as a PDF (and I think a few other formats). From what I can tell, they are hoping to figure these things out by issue 2 and the cost should go way down.
As far as the magazine itself, it is a very good homage to Nintendo Power, it's format and personality are VERY similar to NP. You could consider it a spiritual successor. It's pretty good. My only worries are if it'll last, due to this being basically a side project for a lot of the writers and editors. We'll see. It's certainly worth a look for a Nintendo Power fan.

Well I want it because like the first edition of NP, it might be valuable someday.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

If it is printed only on request, it will be collectable some day.