By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breaking News on PS4 - Kotaku reveals new info!!

If these specs are legit holy crap

Sony is bringing POWER for next gen

Around the Network

"And before we go any further, know that these are current specs for a PS4 development kit, not the final retail console itself"

That's good news. Now I can watch the glorious 180° people will make about a touchscreen on a Controller.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

BenVTrigger said:
JayWood2010 said:
BenVTrigger said:
BasilZero said:
So is this confirmed info or just another rumor made by Kotaku?

The Source is legit.  Its the same guy who revealed the info, pics, and sold a Durango dev kit.  This info is likely spot on

Yes but that was never confirmed to be the actual kit either.  And seeing as there is still no NeXbox i doubt that it was legit either.

Multiple insiders confirmed....its legit

I can say I'm an industry insider and say it's legit, does that make it legit?

BenVTrigger said:

Theose are current specs for a PS4 development kit, not the final retail console itself.

Around the Network

Andrespetmonkey said:

nope. 8gb in total, 2.2gb of which is the gddr5

That's 2.2GB GDDR5 is confuse because I can't see that happen...  2.2GB needs 9 x 256MB chips or a 288bits interface... no way.

I don't remeber 512MB modules didn't match too... and I don't remember less than 256MB GDDR5 modules.

I think it is impossible 2.2GB of GDDR5.

Nsanity said:

"And before we go any further, know that these are current specs for a PS4 development kit, not the final retail console itself"

Party pooper! Who knows, maybe the final console is even better than the dev kits!

Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:

Theose are current specs for a PS4 development kit, not the final retail console itself.

I know that but still the evidence is steadily mounting that Sony is going for BIG power next gen.

Gehirnkrampf said:
Backtouch is really a great idea because my middlefingers dont do anything while playing.
I also like the share button IF this means i take a screenshot. No need fo Facebook integration but possibly this works via a games launch site like on the vita (basically like miiverse).
8*2.2 GHz is also good. But i cant believe 8 gig of GDDR5.
Logging into the controller could become one of the coolest things when working with cloudsave. You come over to your friend, log in there, and you start a multiplayer action with your character. Nice.

The backtouch would be awesome for FPS games. for example for knifing or jumping you simply touch a certain part on the back and it does it for you. In CoD if you knife/jump you have to take your hand away from the analog stick which delays your aim down sight.

ethomaz said:

Andrespetmonkey said:

nope. 8gb in total, 2.2gb of which is the gddr5

That's 2.2GB GDDR5 is confuse because I can't see that happen...  2.2GB needs 9 x 256MB chips or a 288bits interface... no way.

I don't remeber 512MB modules didn't match too... and I don't remember less than 256MB GDDR5 modules.

I think it is impossible 2.2GB of GDDR5.

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll take your word for it. I just assumed "vram" was referring to the gddr5.