By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU - Lots of new Info - Same poor result. Why Nintendo Direct just confirms my fears.

JGarret said:

Malstrom doesn´t like it either

Good, I needed another reason to think the Wii U is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

There's a reason he doesn't want to interact with Nintendo fans; it's because most of them hate him.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
JGarret said:

Good, I needed another reason to think the Wii U is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

There's a reason he doesn't want to interact with Nintendo fans; it's because most of them hate him.

Lol, beautiful. :)

I actually find it quite entertaining that Malstrom is getting so riled up about it.  Also, NES Metroid superior to Super Metroid?  Mach Rider > F-Zero?  Wind Waker was a terrible Zelda game?  Man, this guy seriously needs a reality check.

JGarret said:

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/

I’ve spent the last half hour yelling at my computer monitor that showed Iwata’s latest Nintendo Direct. I was always ambivalent about the Wii U since it at least had 2d Mario and didn’t have all that 3d junk that was in the 3DS. Wii U was just too expensive, had no Virtual Console, had no other games, and the 2d Mario wasn’t doing anything really new. This latest Nintendo Direct has made me hostile against the Wii U.

I will never buy this lousy excuse of a console.

OMG. 

We sound like Grouchy Old Men upset because Nintendo is no longer producing games for Grouchy Old Men.    Ugh.  Shoot me now.   

I do agree with much of what he's saying (why do we have to pay for VC games again (even for $1) so they'll play on WiiU gamepad?  Fiddling with Zelda again but likely not moving it forward.  HD WindWaker.  Really? WindWaker? One of the most reviled Zelda's ever (I know some people love it - you are the only ones who are going to pay for this - again). Also, it'd got to be the least work to make HD.  I also don't give a rats ass about Miiverse.  Etc.

Right now Nintendo is appealing to their (disgruntled and disenchanted) fanbase.  And that's all right and frankly important, because if they lose that they are totally f###ed.  But I feel, in the meantime, they are missing the masses that they won over with their daring experiment - Wii.  And that includes Malstrom and I.  Maybe they'll try for us again later (with something better than that Wii Party).  But later it'll be much, much harder as others continue to cater to our gaming wants.

Oh please. Any "core" gamer that has zero interest in any of the games announced today isn't really a true gamer, just a Nintendo basher. There was something for everyone.

ryuzaki57 said:
RolStoppable said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Oh we do have a sensible thread. OP is straight right, cuouldn't say it better. But I thought about something :

Hasn't Nintendo just burned all of its trump cards for E3? What are they going to present against the next-gen behemots since they've just shown off their entire 2013/2014 line-up? Sony and Microsoft haven't said anything yet about what they prepare, we do know about some games like Hitman 6, BF4 or Rainbow 6 Patriots but there might be many many more. Shin Megami Tensei and X look sweet but they're just not gonna stand 5 sec. against the next gen CoD or Watchdogs. Nintendo needs some games from third parties to braoden its audience, looks like they didn't have any today.

That was mine! But actually I hesitate to use it anymore since I took a moderation warning...

I think this fits perfectly in the MC-Famitsu thread.

@Malstrom abomination speech

First, he calls Wind Waker as a bad Zelda game when it is actually the only 3D zelda trying to replicate the NES games overworld exploring the sea at your leisure without any restrictions to go from one corner of the map to the other, something that OoT, MM, TP and SS cannot do.

The he says TP tried to replicate the "old games feels" freedom when it is one if not the most linear Zelda ever.

???

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Didn't they say exactly the opposite? That they had many other projects that they were going to show to us in the coming Nintendo Directs? I remember it like that.

SwansVanTerif said:
Didn't they say exactly the opposite? That they had many other projects that they were going to show to us in the coming Nintendo Directs? I remember it like that.

Yes, with a possibility of one focused on third party games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Not sure what Xenoblade has to do with Nintendo. Outside of the fact that Nintendo owns the studio.

HyrulianScrolls said:
Oh please. Any "core" gamer that has zero interest in any of the games announced today isn't really a true gamer, just a Nintendo basher. There was something for everyone.

Not at all. I myself have no interested in any of the titles, but I do see it from a Nintendo fans point of view and it was an exciting presentation. Does that make me a Nintendo basher? No. I just prefer more mature games but this is a discussion for a different time.

archbrix said:

I actually find it quite entertaining that Malstrom is getting so riled up about it.  Also, NES Metroid superior to Super Metroid?  Mach Rider > F-Zero?  Wind Waker was a terrible Zelda game?  Man, this guy seriously needs a reality check.

He seems to think that his opinion is the law. He's delusional if he thinks any kind of majority is behind him. Calling his supporters a minority would be generous.

The reality of the situation couldn't be more different. I watched the ND with a friend who cares little for most Nintendo franchises and not at all for Mario -- the only Nintendo franchise he has any investment in as far as I can tell is Metroid. He bought a Wii for Bayonetta and Monster Hunter. And by the end of the ND he was beside himself. SMT X FE. Wind Waker. Xenogame.

And two of my other friends, both of whom were insistent before today that they would never buy a Wii U, blowing up my phone. Dat Fire Emblem. Dat Yoshi. Dat Wind Waker. Dat Xenogame. Nintendo did what they set out to do. Wii U owners are excited. Many of those who were on the fence have been swayed by some game or another. Prospective buyers are more confident. And even some of those most stringently opposed to the Wii U find themselves questioning their resolve. This or that game looks mighty nice, they're thinking.

Nintendo dominated gaming news today. Even gamers who can't find anything praise-worthy about the company, its consoles, or its software at all nevertheless find themselves discussing the Wii U in great detail. Even the biggest non-Nintendo fans are coming out of the woodworks to either express interest in or to revile the Wii U. The Nintendo hatedom is almost as active as its fandom here on VGChartz at the moment.

All Nintendo had to do was announce games that everyone supposedly "knew were coming anyway," and they find themselves the center of attention. (And that is shenanigans, there's not a soul on this Earth who could have forseen SMT X FE.)