By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ bidding ends: Vigil's done, older IPs to be auctioned in a few weeks

runqvist said:
http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/63674/thq-verkauf-sega-kauft-relic-koch-evolve-crytek-homefront

There is some rumours, official documents are coming in at 9pm est. Shortly:

Sega buys Relic and Company of Heroes
Koch Media buys Evolve
And Crytek bought the rights for Homefront

Crytek was already developing Homefront 2 for them, so buying the IP wouldn't be too surprising, and Sega buying Relic isn't surprising because, as zarx said, they seem to be getting good results with their PC games.

Evolve is a studio or an IP? I've read that Koch Media wants Volition.

They also say that Ubisoft goes for Obsidian (South Park).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Sony should snap up Saints Row, an exclusive open world game is just what they need to compliment other superb but linear experiences.

It could be cool if Nintendo picked it up, would be an interesting title to have exclusively to the wiiu.

EA will probably be the one chomping up most of the ips though,

I think the only realy valuable assets for auction are relic, volition, and the licenses for pixar, and wwe.

i'm fine with relic to sega, hope it is true.

JEMC said:

Evolve (Turtle Rock) is an unannounced title.

THQ has more unannounced titles: Atlas (Relic), Crawler (Vigil) and 1666 (THQ Montreal)

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
JEMC said:

THQ has more unannounced titles: Atlas (Relic), Crawler (Vigil) and 1666 (THQ Montreal)

Thanks.

Given THQ's situation I think most of those titles should be marked vaporware until we get confirmation that they are still working on them. After all, whoever buys those studios may dislike the projects and cancel them.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ok just read some stuff about the prices but not sure if true:

Relic: 26M
Homefront licence: 500k
Evolve: 5.2 Million (so maybe already much done?)

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/63674/thq-verkauf-sega-kauft-relic-koch-evolve-crytek-homefront

^I find the prices for Homefront to be low and Evolve way to high considering we know nothing about it.

Relic for 26M sound not too bad.

JEMC said:
crissindahouse said:
JEMC said:

Thanks.

Given THQ's situation I think most of those titles should be marked vaporware until we get confirmation that they are still working on them. After all, whoever buys those studios may dislike the projects and cancel them.

Evolve should get released as it's been in development for several years already and THQ was just the publisher so the studio isn't for sale. The fact that Turtle Rock can say from the makers of Left 4 Dead should mean that their new next gen game should be an easy sell as publishers look to pad out their next gen catalogs for cheap.

1666 is from Patrice Désilets (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Rainbow Six 3, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 and early Brotherhood) and whoever picks up THQ Montreal would be stupid not to pick up the game at the same time. I mean what could they be put the studio to work on that would have more sales potential than that, plus it's also been development for at least 2 years so is also likely over half done and is just waiting for next gen consoles to be anounced.

The eal question marks are Atlas and Crawler. Atlas is likely the F2P MOBA that they were rumoured to be working on, which could be a good fit for the new digital focused SEGA. Crawler is aparently a new FPS and is like still very early in development so I could see that getting dropped.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

JEMC said:
^I find the prices for Homefront to be low and Evolve way to high considering we know nothing about it.

Relic for 26M sound not too bad.

THQ probably already owed Crytek a lot of money  to finish the development anyway lol so considering that the sale probably includes Crytek absorbing the outstanding payments,  500k doesn't seem too bad. Plus who else would want it? And this is basically a fire sale after all. Evolve being a next gen co-op FPS from the makers of Left 4 Dead including the IP doesn't seem too bad. Relic+Company of Heroes is a real steal tho if you think about it it's a successful established studio, plus a a practically finished AAA game that likely cost ~$20m to fund lol, I do wonder if Homeworld was included in the package. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!