By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So are we allowed to make troll threads now?

Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Man Bear Pig had also made 4-5 threads at the time of the one in the OP. All of them were aimed at getting a rise out of people, or making things (usually something Sony) look bad.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152341&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152328&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152199&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152037&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151720&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152218&page=1

He was pushing the boundaries in baiting.

For example, just to show the difference - Rol... Hes had 2-3 troll/bait threads since ~April 2012. He doesnt need to try so hard to be noticed. People know Rol. People know what a Rol Thread is. Rol has been funny for Years.

In short, the odd baiting troll thread is funny. Trying too hard to get a rise out of people is petty attention seeking and it isnt funny. Mods can understand funny.

I fully understand that.  But I dont see how you can make those distinctions safely.  Far too subjective.

Also, how is a new user to know?

How is a new user able to become a Rol?

What if a Rol changes his intention and is actually looking to get a rise out of people.  "oh it ok, its just Rol"

I'm playing devil's advoate here, but its a messy way to moderate imo.

I agree with the last thing you said here.

Regardless of how long you have been here, everyone should adhere to the to same rules.

This sums it up for me. Well said kowen.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Only sensitive people.. cry babies report for a ban.. they take these forums seriously like their life depends on it.. lol wah wahh my feelings was hurt.. wahh!.

riderz13371 said:

There are people who like that game and I think they might have feelings. It's like me saying to you that you're favorite game of all time is terrible. Obviously you don't go crying in a corner for an hour but I'm sure you might feel something, especially if the majority of people were laughing at the game that you enjoy.

If people feel that bad about their game being bashed then they should stop. So what if other people think a game that you like is trash? It's their opinion.

Omg... The site evolved into kindergarten class...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NintendoPie said:
riderz13371 said:

There are people who like that game and I think they might have feelings. It's like me saying to you that you're favorite game of all time is terrible. Obviously you don't go crying in a corner for an hour but I'm sure you might feel something, especially if the majority of people were laughing at the game that you enjoy.

If people feel that bad about their game being bashed then they should stop. So what if other people think a game that you like is trash? It's their opinion.

I think it's hard for us to associate with some of those people who actually enjoy MNR. They're in the minority and they feel as if everyone is just laughing at their game. I mean I've never played MNR but that doesn't mean that I don't feel sympathetic for those that enjoy it and then you see the majority of people bashing their game. People don't see this as wrong because they feel as if nobody likes the game and it makes them feel invisible. I might be going to the extreme but meh, I just don't like publicly laughing/humiliating other peoples preferences.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

I think it's hard for us to associate with some of those people who actually enjoy MNR. They're in the minority and they feel as if everyone is just laughing at their game. I mean I've never played MNR but that doesn't mean that I don't feel sympathetic for those that enjoy it and then you see the majority of people bashing their game. People don't see this as wrong because they feel as if nobody likes the game and it makes them feel invisible. I might be going to the extreme but meh, I just don't like publicly laughing/humiliating other peoples preferences.

Rol was trying to tell you that he was mostly "humiliating" himself. He said that he made the thread to show that there is no unbiased opinions and he made it funny by acting extremely biased. The real victim here is Rol.

BluGamer23 said:
Only sensitive people.. cry babies report for a ban.. they take these forums seriously like their life depends on it.. lol wah wahh my feelings was hurt.. wahh!.

Reported.

NintendoPie said:
riderz13371 said:

Rol was trying to tell you that he was mostly "humiliating" himself. He said that he made the thread to show that there is no unbiased opinions and he made it funny by acting extremely biased. The real victim here is Rol.

Rol pointed out the obvious. Much appreciated. I already said that we know the "unbiased reviews" aren't unbiased. What we mean by "unbiased" is that we don't mistreat a game because it's on a certain platform or made by a certain developer or maybe it's even a certain franchise. Yes we know it has some bias but it's impossible to make a 100% unbiased review. We try to be as fair as possible. If people have a problem then they should confront Jaywood privately.  

riderz13371 said:

Rol pointed out the obvious. Much appreciated. I already said that we know the "unbiased reviews" aren't unbiased. What we mean by "unbiased" is that we don't mistreat a game because it's on a certain platform or made by a certain developer or maybe it's even a certain franchise. Yes we know it has some bias but it's impossible to make a 100% unbiased review. We try to be as fair as possible. If people have a problem then they should confront Jaywood privately.  

It's also not a problem with JayWood. Rol also told all of us that:

"...(that's not to mock JayWood2010's reviews specifically, but the idea of unbias as a whole). I refrained from copying the title of JayWood2010's series to avoid making it look like it's part of his series. Hence no quotations and no "A RolStoppable review"."

He wasn't mocking anyone, he was kidding, joking. He was putting the joke on himself. 

NintendoPie said:

It's okay man. People always feel some sort of offense when other's trash their game. I remember once you saying that people who don't like Pokemon don't have soul. Of course you were 13 and can't be judged harshly for things like that. The topic has gone far too long than i expected. I think Jaywood just wanted answer from the mods and he got it to some extent. 

Safe to say the bias and taking digs at other games and platforms is going to continue. No matter who the joke is on.