By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ni No Kuni is here who's playing

wolfofthepack said:

but y play a game with a strategy guide / doesnt that take away from the game?

I buy strategy guides for 2 reasons

1.  Im a collector

2.  I like to 100% RPGs.  I always avoid any story related stuff or spoilers and use the guides only to know where the best items are, where secret stuff is hidden, what the best abilities are, etc.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
wolfofthepack said:

but y play a game with a strategy guide / doesnt that take away from the game?

I buy strategy guides for 2 reasons

1.  Im a collector

2.  I like to 100% RPGs.  I always avoid any story related stuff or spoilers and use the guides only to know where the best items are, where secret stuff is hidden, what the best abilities are, etc.

k i understand the collector but i rather by trial and error to find out wats the best abilities and i prefer to find hidden stuff i find it feels better that i accomplished it by my self

Considering it. If I can manage to find the special edition I probably will, otherwise, I'll probably wait.

My biggest worry it time, it sounds like it's a very long game and I don't really have the energy to put 100+ hours into a game.

twesterm said:
Considering it. If I can manage to find the special edition I probably will, otherwise, I'll probably wait.

My biggest worry it time, it sounds like it's a very long game and I don't really have the energy to put 100+ hours into a game.

Wizard's Edition was onyl available direct from Namco. It is all sold out now and only way to get it is to pay $200+ on eBay.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
twesterm said:

Wizard's Edition was onyl available direct from Namco. It is all sold out now and only way to get it is to pay $200+ on eBay.

Well then you have saved me a trip to Fry's over lunch, thank you.  :)

(explains why I saw it nowhere on Amazon)

Around the Network

Not yet,but when I pick it up im doing the FULL 80+ hours and the Platinum.

I have a few more games I want to get out of the way first, I still have 10 days though so I might end up getting it on launch day.

I had no plans on buying it, but I saw the IGN video review yesterday morning and was instantly sold. I pre-ordered it on Amazon and it'll be at my house on Wednesday or Thursday. =)

As a side note, it looks like reviews do have an influence on us.

want to get it but i just have too many games already. i'll pick this up in a couple months when it drops to ~$30 or so.

I spent more than 2 hours reading every available page of the wizard guide >_<

This game is just amazing. I bought it for my cousin for his birthday and he was so happy!

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.