By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [Unofficial Rumour] World Exclusive: Durango unveiled

Taken from Neogaf:

Orbit : 1.8 tflops
Durango : 1.2 tflops
Wii u: 1 flop

Seems reasonable.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

ninjablade said:

reading the neogaf thread we know for sure that wii u is not even close, i'm starting to think ps4 and orbis will be close, with ps4 having a small advantege, but wii u, is gonna be in the same spot as the wii lastgen.

Orbis is the PS4 lol

I agree the Wii U will be way behind with the PS4 (Orbis) and Nextbox (Durango) close again.

i meant durango, lol

michael_stutzer said:
Taken from Neogaf:

Seems reasonable.

lol that was a joke.

ninjablade said:
michael_stutzer said:
Taken from Neogaf:

Seems reasonable.

lol that was a joke.

That's the whole point ;)

michael_stutzer said:
ninjablade said:
michael_stutzer said:
Taken from Neogaf:

Seems reasonable.

lol that was a joke.

That's the whole point ;)

lol

Around the Network

Sounds very possible. I hope that they go for a faster clocked Quad core rather than an 8 core jaguar. That would be much better in terms of usable power. And an HD7770 or so sounds about right for a console. I think the PS3 will probably be a little bit stronger in terms of hardware but i SERIOUSLY doubt it will be a 7900 series GPU. For $400 or so its just NOT happening not when you have to factor in all the other hardware. POSSIBLY a low/medium 7800 series but i doubt much more than that.

Long Live SHIO!

1337 Gamer said:
Sounds very possible. I hope that they go for a faster clocked Quad core rather than an 8 core jaguar. That would be much better in terms of usable power. And an HD7770 or so sounds about right for a console. I think the PS3 will probably be a little bit stronger in terms of hardware but i SERIOUSLY doubt it will be a 7900 series GPU. For $400 or so its just NOT happening not when you have to factor in all the other hardware. POSSIBLY a low/medium 7800 series but i doubt much more than that.

The Orbis GPU is a 7900M, like those in gaming laptops, roughly equal to a 7850 or only a bit stronger... and honestly the chips themselves aren't that expensive, I'd be surprised if they cost even close to, say, $125, which is about what the RSX costed last gen, and it's die size back then was bigger than a 7970M, apparently. 

And the Jaguar architecture don't go above 2.2 GHz anyways, I'm sure Sony and MS know what they are doing with their CPUs.

1337 Gamer said:

The 7900M is a 7800.

Anyway the chip itself have low cost... less than $50... the others components that make a console expensive.l

Badassbab said:
An entry level multi-core laptop CPU with a lowish spec but custom GPU and current Xbox 360 speed RAM.
But many hardware accelerators, lots of RAM, ESRAM for frame buffer storage and super fast bandwidth as well as 8 cores. Should be quite good in a fixed console design. Not the leap like 360/PS3 was over Xbox/PS2 but still interesting times ahead.

Looks like the Orbis will have the better GPU and faster RAM but less of it. Same CPU thought which is just boring.

Don't get confused with RAM type. Same as Wii U. Durango might have the same RAM type, but it sure as hell is not the same speed. Gaf is crucifying WII U for having such low RAM bandwidth. The concensus is emerging that Orbis/Durango will be relatively close with Wii U being left quite far behind.

BenVTrigger said:
Is the source in any way reliable?

The image above is based on a Microsoft patent, however they put the text in.  Some of the labels are official, but the details are purely speculative.