By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best conclusion to a movie trilogy?

Best conclusion to a movie trilogy?

The Dark Knight Rises 42 16.09%

Toy Story 3 53 20.31%

Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 2 4 1.53%

Godfather Part 3 5 1.92%

Back to the Future: Part 3 9 3.45%

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 97 37.16%

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith 21 8.05%

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 18 6.90%

Other 9 3.45%

Total:258
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:

1. Toy Story 3 (Not gonna lie. I got a little teary-eyed)

2. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

And that's it I think. Honorable mention to TDKR, but in my opinion, the last 40 minutes was a mess.

The last 40 min of the film was what most people considered phenomenal.

Then most people consider a shit sandwich, delicious. Or they really think it's plausible for an entire city's police force would go underground and get trapped. No one's gonna stay in the precincts to answer phones? Not one officer? No one's gonna watch the entrance to the underground area, like say to block it off to keep it secure?

Instead of executing her plan, Talia decides to try and get close enough to Batman to stab him in the gut with a knife. Why not avoid the risk of being defeated and detonate the bomb. It had already been like 5 months at that point, A few more minutes would not have really mattered.

*Edited my grammar. I hadn't slept since Friday morning when I wrote this.*

You my friend clearly did not understand this movie...or any film for that matter. It would have been the worst film ever she detonated the bomb at that point...there would have been nothing theatric making it a lousy film similar to almost all the films being nomitated as best picture (Oscars) this year. Agreed this film isn't the most realistic but it doesn't have to be...excellent movies such as TDK, Fight Club even Avengers for that matter was far from releastic...they could have done many things that wouldn't have resulted in such an extreme ending still they aren't nitpicked because they didn't have unreal expectations or massive online popularity even close to TDKR. You don't like it that's your opinion but only an idiot would try and bring realsim into comic book/fantasy films. 

Don't call Nolan an idiot. He did a pretty good job of bringing realism to comic book/fantasy films. (See what I did there? Naw, you probably didn't)

I understood it just fine. You clearly don't understand the point of Christopher Nolan's approach to the Batman world. Here's something that might blow your mind.....he wanted the movies to seem REALISTIC. Why would you compare TDKR to the Avengers? They were two completely different approaches to comic book heroes. Don't get mad at me because I believe the last 40 minutes of the movie was logically ridiculous, even for the theatrical world Nolan created. Dismissing my opinion isn't going to change that.

LOL and I did see what you did there pretty smart I must admit...as good as Nolan's mainstream films are (TDK, TDKR, Inception) those films are far from releastic. Don't get me wrong Nolan made 2 of my favourite films of all time and in my opinion there is no director quite like him...but to say his films are relastic are far from true. Nolan always makes his films seem relastic but in reality he puts an overdose of imagination into the plot and the climax and that's what makes it intresting. If you didn't like the last 40 min of the film that's your opinion but to say that there should have been completley realistic ending to TDKR ( a comic book film!) when none of his other films had had anything close to a relastic ending (still all are fantastic endings) is just stupid. 

I never said his films were realistic. I'm saying he tries to make them as realistic as possible, but in TDKR, it was too illogical even for the world he created. I just couldn't hold up my suspension of belief to the end of the movie. TDK and Batman Begins on the other hand were unrealistic, but fit within the realm of the Batman series Nolan was creating. TDKR just wasn't intelligently ended imo.

Inception, while being one of the greatest films I've seen in the last 10 years, is a good example of a film that wasn't smart enough to support my suspension of belief. As soon as I knew the last dream dive (Or whatever they called it) was going to take place on a plane, I knew everyone was going to live. It would've been too complicated to keep the pacing of the film and to come up with some explanation of how they resolved the fact that there was a dead body on the plane.

well that's you opinion and your opinion only :)

On the contrary good sir. Your opinion that my opinion is my opinion only is your opinion only.......Opin-ception!

I'm sorry but the 8.7 on IMDB and RT user score doens't agree with what you have to say

Only sheep give credence to aggregates.

No its just that you haven't got anything to back up your shitty opinion.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:
dsage01 said:
adriane23 said:

1. Toy Story 3 (Not gonna lie. I got a little teary-eyed)

2. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

And that's it I think. Honorable mention to TDKR, but in my opinion, the last 40 minutes was a mess.

The last 40 min of the film was what most people considered phenomenal.

Then most people consider a shit sandwich, delicious. Or they really think it's plausible for an entire city's police force would go underground and get trapped. No one's gonna stay in the precincts to answer phones? Not one officer? No one's gonna watch the entrance to the underground area, like say to block it off to keep it secure?

Instead of executing her plan, Talia decides to try and get close enough to Batman to stab him in the gut with a knife. Why not avoid the risk of being defeated and detonate the bomb. It had already been like 5 months at that point, A few more minutes would not have really mattered.

*Edited my grammar. I hadn't slept since Friday morning when I wrote this.*

You my friend clearly did not understand this movie...or any film for that matter. It would have been the worst film ever she detonated the bomb at that point...there would have been nothing theatric making it a lousy film similar to almost all the films being nomitated as best picture (Oscars) this year. Agreed this film isn't the most realistic but it doesn't have to be...excellent movies such as TDK, Fight Club even Avengers for that matter was far from releastic...they could have done many things that wouldn't have resulted in such an extreme ending still they aren't nitpicked because they didn't have unreal expectations or massive online popularity even close to TDKR. You don't like it that's your opinion but only an idiot would try and bring realsim into comic book/fantasy films. 

Don't call Nolan an idiot. He did a pretty good job of bringing realism to comic book/fantasy films. (See what I did there? Naw, you probably didn't)

I understood it just fine. You clearly don't understand the point of Christopher Nolan's approach to the Batman world. Here's something that might blow your mind.....he wanted the movies to seem REALISTIC. Why would you compare TDKR to the Avengers? They were two completely different approaches to comic book heroes. Don't get mad at me because I believe the last 40 minutes of the movie was logically ridiculous, even for the theatrical world Nolan created. Dismissing my opinion isn't going to change that.

LOL and I did see what you did there pretty smart I must admit...as good as Nolan's mainstream films are (TDK, TDKR, Inception) those films are far from releastic. Don't get me wrong Nolan made 2 of my favourite films of all time and in my opinion there is no director quite like him...but to say his films are relastic are far from true. Nolan always makes his films seem relastic but in reality he puts an overdose of imagination into the plot and the climax and that's what makes it intresting. If you didn't like the last 40 min of the film that's your opinion but to say that there should have been completley realistic ending to TDKR ( a comic book film!) when none of his other films had had anything close to a relastic ending (still all are fantastic endings) is just stupid. 

I never said his films were realistic. I'm saying he tries to make them as realistic as possible, but in TDKR, it was too illogical even for the world he created. I just couldn't hold up my suspension of belief to the end of the movie. TDK and Batman Begins on the other hand were unrealistic, but fit within the realm of the Batman series Nolan was creating. TDKR just wasn't intelligently ended imo.

Inception, while being one of the greatest films I've seen in the last 10 years, is a good example of a film that wasn't smart enough to support my suspension of belief. As soon as I knew the last dream dive (Or whatever they called it) was going to take place on a plane, I knew everyone was going to live. It would've been too complicated to keep the pacing of the film and to come up with some explanation of how they resolved the fact that there was a dead body on the plane.

well that's you opinion and your opinion only :)

On the contrary good sir. Your opinion that my opinion is my opinion only is your opinion only.......Opin-ception!

I'm sorry but the 8.7 on IMDB and RT user score doens't agree with what you have to say

Only sheep give credence to aggregates.

No its just that you haven't got anything to back up your shitty opinion.

Lol did I hit a nerve? Don't be so upset. My opinion must have some merit seeing as how you've given it so much attention.

I am the Playstation Avenger.