By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ZOMG!!!!!!!! Super Mario Galaxy is a FIVE million seller!!!!!

Sweet, and nice job Galaxy! I got all 242 Stars and it was a blast, every wii owner needs this game. I see this game selling more than 15 Million WW Lifetime.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Around the Network

actually 16 million+

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

wow i didnt expect it to reach 5 mil that fast

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

good games sell :)

^yes but it made it there very fast consider how much it will sell with its awesome legs

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Fastrabbit09 said:
___O_o______ said:
i seriously doubt it will hit 10 million.

8 million TOPS by the end of this generation.

it'll do 8mil by 12/31/08...would u like to put some stakes on that?

8 Million?? Well, let's see:

-It's sold more than New Super Mario Bros. did at this point in its' life

-It's currently ranked as the second best game of all time and the best of this generation

So, 8 million?  By mid-March or April, latest.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

8 million by March or April?

I guess thats way to soon.

When SMG hits greatest hits and will be available for a lower price then it will reach 8 million.

Never play SMG,but great news for Nintendo

But i love peoples Opinions

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN

You have to get at least 120 Stars with Mario to really appreciate the game.

those of you with 80, and 112 etc. Get cracking!

And who cares how much it sells, it's a great game, even if it only sold 1 copy.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Just as a note:

Koji Kondo was a hugely influential advisor for the game's music, and wrote 4 songs for the game. But Mahito Yokota was the man in charge who did most of the music. So all that back-patting for Kondo on page 1 should go to both of these men.

And of all the praise for Miyamoto, a lot of that should go to Yoshiaki Koizumi. Miyamoto had a lot to do with concept and direction, but Koizumi was the real director who made the game a reality.

In fact, Miyamoto and Kondo weren't even in the city where the game was made. They stayed in Kyoto; the game was made by the Tokyo team.

Of course the thread has moved on to some sort of bickering... But credit where it is due. And congrats to everyone at Nintendo for a brilliant game and great sales success...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.