By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CVG sources: Sony to abandon DualShock design for PS4

Tagged games:

wfz said:
For me, personally, this is great news. PS controllers have always been so small, the control sticks are in the "wrong" position, and the button layout was confusing ("X," means yes and "O" means no? Backwards logic!).

I am interested to see what they're doing.

If you play on Japanese PS system (or play JP games) the button layout is switched. X means no and O means yes. It screws me up sometimes when I switch between different region games on my PS1/PS2/PSP.

OT I've never been a fan of the DS design, I hope they change it.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
if sony makes a touchscreen control... it is innovative...
if its nintendo... its effing doomed

Sad, but it hurts when one firm decides to innovate later.

Its about time. Lets hope its not another bat-a-rang. That thing was hideous.

they should make the new controller out of recycled Vita's, i heard that theres plenty.
lol j/k im a big fan of Vita. as long as its not like The Xbox controller. No ones hands could hold that thinga

Still believe both the DS3 and the new PS4 pad(whatever it is) will be working on it.

Around the Network
GameAnalyser said:
aikohualda said:

i dunno why all the hate for dual shock... is it because i have small hands? LOL i thought its the most comfortable controller

aikohualda said:
GameAnalyser said:
aikohualda said:

i dunno why all the hate for dual shock... is it because i have small hands? LOL i thought its the most comfortable controller

I still love mine, but since the beginning of 7th gen, I always wished they came up with something better. It's been a very long time.

ktay95 said:
they should make the new controller out of recycled Vita's, i heard that theres plenty.
lol j/k im a big fan of Vita. as long as its not like The Xbox controller. No ones hands could hold that thinga

So we presume it's not all doom and gloom for the PS Vita.

kowenicki said:
This alone makes the story very believable:

CVG understands that Sony has paid Immersion more than $150 million in damages, license fees and other costs since the settlement. However, a small portion (initially $20 million) of this was redirected to Microsoft, which owns about 10 per cent of Immersion.

Sony's licence agreement with Immersion ends in 2017, SEC documents show, but as part of the deal Immersion has given Sony an option to expand the scope of the licence for future consoles. However, the complications of the deal may have convinced Sony that it should seek different designs and ideas for its next controller.

Does this mean nextbox controllers are also going to change?

I hate the Dual Shock ergonomics. The 360 pad and even the Wii U Classic Controller feel a lot better in the hands.

The 1990s are over Sony, move on already. Put the analog stick in the primary position for starters.