By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The winner for hardware revenue in December is.....Sony

In some ways this shows how much the high price of the PS3 is hurting them . Think about it , how good it would be if the revenue would be the same , but the PS3 would have half the price :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:

Go figure.

http://www.thebitbag.com/2008/01/23/playstation-hardware-revenue-surpassed-microsoft-and-nintendo-in-december/

So much for the "sony is losing way to much money on hardware." stuff huh?

Revenue =/= Profit

EDIT : ... and it's PS3 that account for SCE massive losses,  not PSP and PS2 .

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Linkzmax said:
@thetonestarr
The numbers in the report are from Sony's PR spin after the NPD report, so you would only look at NA sales.

That's just as much in Nintendo's favour.

Again leaving out GCN and GBA and giving the PS3 the costlier price-point, here are the totals for JUST America this time: 

Nintendo - 690,763,050

Sony -  642,407,420

So, now, instead of a 7.9% lead , Nintendo instead has a 7.5% lead. Hardly a difference worth considering.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Jandre002 said:

Go figure.

http://www.thebitbag.com/2008/01/23/playstation-hardware-revenue-surpassed-microsoft-and-nintendo-in-december/

So much for the "sony is losing way to much money on hardware." stuff huh?

That's cool. Good for sony.

Obvio que iba a vender más que el mes pasado, TODAS las consolas vendieron más, en Diciembre se vende hasta la tercera parte de las consolas y juegos del año, por la epoca navideña, yo aproveche eso y me compre mi Wii con mi Mario Galaxy.
PD: Super Mario Galaxy is better than any PS3 game

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
Linkzmax said:
@thetonestarr
The numbers in the report are from Sony's PR spin after the NPD report, so you would only look at NA sales.

That's just as much in Nintendo's favour.

Again leaving out GCN and GBA and giving the PS3 the costlier price-point, here are the totals for JUST America this time: 

Nintendo - 690,763,050

Sony -  642,407,420

So, now, instead of a 7.9% lead , Nintendo instead has a 7.5% lead. Hardly a difference worth considering.

We have a couple of possibilities here. The article in the link said it was Sonys revenue, not the revenue in the market (similar diffence that is between shipped and sold figures), which would mean that retail makes more money, per unit sold in average, by selling Nintendo hardware than Sony hardware. The other possibility is, that taxes are count in (since in USA taxes aren't included in the namely price) and hardware sales differed a lot between diffent states. Although i see the first option as a reason, i still wanted to point out that taxes can make some difference.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Yeah, that first option is what I suspected as the most probable.

I think it's still unlikely, since I doubt that'll make up a 7+% gap. I think Sony's just pulling stuff out of their asses.

SW-5120-1900-6153

MANUELF said:
Obvio que iba a vender más que el mes pasado, TODAS las consolas vendieron más, en Diciembre se vende hasta la tercera parte de las consolas y juegos del año, por la epoca navideña, yo aproveche eso y me compre mi Wii con mi Mario Galaxy.

Hey could you speak english please?

Its just polite to speak english on an english speaking forum =P

MANUELF said:

Por favor, no hablas en espanol porque nadie aqui saben espanol (menos dos o tres persones). Realmente, hablas solo al aire.

Si no hablas ingles, lo siento. El resto de nosotros no hablamos mucho espanol (hablo solo un muy poquito). 

SW-5120-1900-6153

In other news, the winner for black consoles sold in December is.....Sony