By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Absolutely Worst Thing Sony Can Do in the Upcoming Console Gen is Release a Moderately Powerful Console

ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
Piernik said:
PS3 has the worst exclusives. Look at the sales. Halo 4 sold easly 7m units while all recent games from Sony flopped hard (battle royale, ratchet all 4 one, modnation racer, little bit planet karting, starhawk, twisted metal etc..).

PS3 design is horrible, awful CPU, awful ram, awful GPU. Thats why all multiplatforms are working so bad on this console. And now Sony is also ruining established franchise like Ratcher and Little Big Planet with awful games.

All you do is hate and cherry pick. R&C A4O is a spinoff title. Modnation Racers is about to cross 1m. Pretty good for a game that was never advertised. Why don't you talk about the more successful games?

PS3 has awful CPU? LOL! The latest multiplatform games on PS3 are equal to the 360 versions, has been like that for some years now. We're not living in 2007 anymore where mp games were significantly worse on ps3, however that was 5 years ago. Outside a few games(from the same devs), mp games on ps3 are nearly identical, often surpassing the 360 versions.

You make it sound like my ps3 versions of BF3, Borderlands 2, Arkham City and NFS Most Wanted are broken.

edit: nvm, not worth it

thas BS and you know it, just of the top of my head BLOPS2, mass effect 3, DMC and skyrim are all much better on 360, i mean way better.

edit. also AC3 is better but not by much.

READ: "outside a few games from the same devs". Bethesda, Treyarch, Bioware all have the same problems for years.

DMC much better? I just saw the face-off at EG, it didn't sound like there was any significant gap between the 2, its a UE3 game.

yea those are some huge games though and DMC scored lower on ign cause of being an inferior version, still you said oftem times better which is not the case.

I have BLOPS2, ME3 and Skyrim on ps3. From these the only unplayable game was Skyrim.

Unless you have 2 tvs and compare PS360 version of BLOPS2 side by side, my ps3 version is more than enough, I don't miss out on anything of the other version.

thats fine and everthing but you do miss out on the best versions, i had a harcore sony fan just buy a 360 for the COD series, he told how crappy the graphics were when compared to the 360, many big games are just way better on 360, the differnce in red dead redemption is not and day, ps3 just started catching up 3-4 years ago i would say thats preet damn long time.

As vgc data shows CoD on PS3 is big, outselling even Halo 4, I'm one of those people not worried about a few missing pixels.

sure it sells great but the COD franshise as whole on 360 is much better, performance, graphics, online play, it actually a night and day differnce, just do some research, even videos of hardccore sony fans being so pissed off at how bad it was compared tio the 360 version.

Hold on, the last cod I played on PS3 was MW2 and it was AWESOME on PS3. What are you talking about? How does CoD have better online play on 360? Do you think CoD is lagging on PSN? lol

The difference in graphics and performance are insignificant, even more so in IW CoDs.

look at the digital foundry call of duty black ops 1 comparison, its a disaster on ps3, there is as much as a 20fps differnce sometimes, its basically crap on ps3.

Do you even read what I say? Black ops is Treyarch. Treyarch was one of those devs still having problems, I said this few posts ago. Look at Modern Warfare 2. I did NOT have any problems with it. You also didnt explain yourself, how does CoD have better online on 360?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/03/cod4-ps3-apparently-suffering-from-boot-freezing-hack/ not to mention the games look like lowres blurry crap with worst peformance when you compare it to the 360 version but i guess thats not a problem for you.

here is anothere link http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-ps3-patch-to-fix-freeze-problems for black ops 2 problem online.

the COD franshise has always been very buggy on ps3 the first 2 motnhs of release.

The CoD4 article is from last year, the game is 5 years old, and the source indicates those people have been hacking. The 2nd article is Blops2, thus Treyarch. And the 4th time: Treyarch has had problems with ps3, its nothing new.  The article is from november, its been patched. So why are you making a fuss aboout it?

The game looks lowres and blurry? Have you played the ps3 version concurrently with the 360? No, I wouldn't badmouth CoD on ps3 if I were you, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. MW games were great on PS3. Ive put 500 hours into MW2 alone and never had any problems. I'm playing BLOPS2 fine on my ps3 with no hiccups or problems. I don't give a shit if it has a fewer pixels than the 360 version so you won't ever hear me saying while I hunt enemies "oh I have to stop playing the game now! Its horrible, look at all the missing pixels on this wall!"

QUOTE FROM DIGITAL FOUNDRY ON MODERN WAREFARE 2

At the end of the day, in terms of the buying decision, the sheer importance of the game's multiplayer component is such that it's your choice of friends list that is going to determine which version of Modern Warfare 2 you buy. While the PS3 version has had some early glitches, bugs and party issues, it's also readily apparent that Infinity Ward is continually working to make sure the game works as it should.

However, for those that haven't made up their minds, it's fairly easy to say that while both renditions of the game are well worthy of the Eurogamer 9/10 score, the Xbox 360's marginally superior visuals and significantly smoother performance gives it an undoubted edge over the PlayStation 3 game, and this translates directly into a tangibly better gameplay experience.

Next up: Digital Foundry will be taking a look at the PC version of the game. Is it indeed the "console port" that the hardcore PC FPS enthusiasts have been dreading, or has Infinity Ward offered up the definitive version of the hottest game of the year?

You keep on repeating yourself saying modernware 2 which was probably the closest thing to the 360 version, and even that was a pretty big differnce

Lol if you're buying CoD for the visuals. The game is already sub hd on both consoles.I have fun playing CoD on ps3, 360 version being slightly better never even crossed my mind.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
Piernik said:
PS3 has the worst exclusives. Look at the sales. Halo 4 sold easly 7m units while all recent games from Sony flopped hard (battle royale, ratchet all 4 one, modnation racer, little bit planet karting, starhawk, twisted metal etc..).

PS3 design is horrible, awful CPU, awful ram, awful GPU. Thats why all multiplatforms are working so bad on this console. And now Sony is also ruining established franchise like Ratcher and Little Big Planet with awful games.

All you do is hate and cherry pick. R&C A4O is a spinoff title. Modnation Racers is about to cross 1m. Pretty good for a game that was never advertised. Why don't you talk about the more successful games?

PS3 has awful CPU? LOL! The latest multiplatform games on PS3 are equal to the 360 versions, has been like that for some years now. We're not living in 2007 anymore where mp games were significantly worse on ps3, however that was 5 years ago. Outside a few games(from the same devs), mp games on ps3 are nearly identical, often surpassing the 360 versions.

You make it sound like my ps3 versions of BF3, Borderlands 2, Arkham City and NFS Most Wanted are broken.

thas BS and you know it, just of the top of my head BLOPS2, mass effect 3, DMC and skyrim are all much better on 360, i mean way better.

READ: "outside a few games from the same devs". Bethesda, Treyarch, Bioware all have the same problems for years.

DMC much better? I just saw the face-off at EG, it didn't sound like there was any significant gap between the 2, its a UE3 game.

yea those are some huge games though and DMC scored lower on ign cause of being an inferior version, still you said oftem times better which is not the case.

I have BLOPS2, ME3 and Skyrim on ps3. From these the only unplayable game was Skyrim.

Unless you have 2 tvs and compare PS360 version of BLOPS2 side by side, my ps3 version is more than enough, I don't miss out on anything of the other version.

thats fine and everthing but you do miss out on the best versions, i had a harcore sony fan just buy a 360 for the COD series, he told how crappy the graphics were when compared to the 360, many big games are just way better on 360, the differnce in red dead redemption is not and day, ps3 just started catching up 3-4 years ago i would say thats preet damn long time.

As vgc data shows CoD on PS3 is big, outselling even Halo 4, I'm one of those people not worried about a few missing pixels.

sure it sells great but the COD franshise as whole on 360 is much better, performance, graphics, online play, it actually a night and day differnce, just do some research, even videos of hardccore sony fans being so pissed off at how bad it was compared tio the 360 version.

Hold on, the last cod I played on PS3 was MW2 and it was AWESOME on PS3. What are you talking about? How does CoD have better online play on 360? Do you think CoD is lagging on PSN? lol

The difference in graphics and performance are insignificant, even more so in IW CoDs.

look at the digital foundry call of duty black ops 1 comparison, its a disaster on ps3, there is as much as a 20fps differnce sometimes, its basically crap on ps3.

Do you even read what I say? Black ops is Treyarch. Treyarch was one of those devs still having problems, I said this few posts ago. Look at Modern Warfare 2. I did NOT have any problems with it. You also didnt explain yourself, how does CoD have better online on 360?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/03/cod4-ps3-apparently-suffering-from-boot-freezing-hack/ not to mention the games look like lowres blurry crap with worst peformance when you compare it to the 360 version but i guess thats not a problem for you.

here is anothere link http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-ps3-patch-to-fix-freeze-problems for black ops 2 problem online.

the COD franshise has always been very buggy on ps3 the first 2 motnhs of release.

The CoD4 article is from last year, the game is 5 years old, and the source indicates those people have been hacking. The 2nd article is Blops2, thus Treyarch. And the 4th time: Treyarch has had problems with ps3, its nothing new.  The article is from november, its been patched. So why are you making a fuss aboout it?

The game looks lowres and blurry? Have you played the ps3 version concurrently with the 360? No, I wouldn't badmouth CoD on ps3 if I were you, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. MW games were great on PS3. Ive put 500 hours into MW2 alone and never had any problems. I'm playing BLOPS2 fine on my ps3 with no hiccups or problems. I don't give a shit if it has a fewer pixels than the 360 version so you won't ever hear me saying while I hunt enemies "oh I have to stop playing the game now! Its horrible, look at all the missing pixels on this wall!"

At the end of the day, in terms of the buying decision, the sheer importance of the game's multiplayer component is such that it's your choice of friends list that is going to determine which version of Modern Warfare 2 you buy. While the PS3 version has had some early glitches, bugs and party issues, it's also readily apparent that Infinity Ward is continually working to make sure the game works as it should.

However, for those that haven't made up their minds, it's fairly easy to say that while both renditions of the game are well worthy of the Eurogamer 9/10 score, the Xbox 360's marginally superior visuals and significantly smoother performance gives it an undoubted edge over the PlayStation 3 game, and this translates directly into a tangibly better gameplay experience.

Next up: Digital Foundry will be taking a look at the PC version of the game. Is it indeed the "console port" that the hardcore PC FPS enthusiasts have been dreading, or has Infinity Ward offered up the definitive version of the hottest game of the year?

You keep on repeating yourself saying modernware 2 which was probably the closest thing to the 360 version, and even that was a pretty big differnce

Lol if you're buying CoD for the visuals. The game is already sub hd on both consoles.I have fun playing CoD on ps3, 360 version being slightly better never even crossed my mind.

the visuals for 60fps are very impressive, infact i would say they are the best looking 60 fps games and its for the most part the COD franchise is significantly better on 360. 

ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
ninjablade said:
Turkish said:
Piernik said:

the visuals for 60fps are very impressive, infact i would they are the best looking 60 fps games and its for the most part the COD franchise is significantly better on 360. 

Cool. I'm having immense fun with BLOPS2 on ps3 on my 50" plasma.

@turkish that's cool but for me since i like both the exclusive sony and microsft have, better version of multiplatfrom games make a difference to which system i choose nextgen.

ninjablade said:
@turkish that's cool but for me since i like both the exclusive sony and microsft have, better version of multiplatfrom games make a difference to which system i choose nextgen.

If you have both systems, why would you only get 1 next gen? You make no sense.

Around the Network

I think they need to try to be the Graphics leader again this gen. If that means making another 599$ console though... forget about it. They don't need that mess again.

Guys delete rows, the quote trees in this thread are utterly ridiculous.

dsgrue3 said:
ninjablade said:

If you have both systems, why would you only get 1 next gen? You make no sense.

i never said i have both systems.

Dallinor said:

Guys delete rows, the quote trees in this thread are utterly ridiculous.

Holy CRAP! I totally agree with you. 

People, it really isn't all that hard to delete quote trees. Do it!

About HW power, unless power consumption required is as low as in Wii U, whichever mid-range CPU and GPU will be several times more powerful than 7th gen ones, so more than enough. The only possible horrible mistake about HW power could be to equip PS4 with main RAM too small.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!