By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ZOMG!!!!!!!! Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a million seller!!!!!

Excellent game. Naughty Dog's best, imo. I hope it sells 2 mil.

This game is easily my favorite ps3 game, and it's in my top three current gen console games, with LoZ: TP and SMG.

Around the Network

Finally .. it deserves it . Now lets wait for the PS3s 4th 2 million seller ( AC ) :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

SRLemmiwinks said:
Kasz216 said:
What does a game even need sales wise to be a "Greatest hit"

I saw a "Big Game Hunter" greatest hit... or something silly like that on PS2.

One Million units sold. I garuntee it will be rolled out as part of their greatest hits collection with Resistance, Ratchet and Clank TOD this 2008 Holiday season, its all just good business.

Has the 360 rolled out its platinum collection? They have right? Yeah, if Microsoft can do it after a year, Sony will too.

That's what i thought... but it's so hard to believe that stupid hunting game even sold 100K let alone 1 mil.

Great news! Been waiting on this for a while now, it really is an amazing game and it deserves much more love from the US market! I guess they are too into their FPS's to recognise a truly great game :P

Username2324 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Read above title. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, produced exclusively for the Sony PlayStation 3 format has crossed the milestone of selling 1 million units worldwide. This game had an extremly slow start, and many people said this game would not sell, that "graphics don't sell a game", and things to the like, but PS3 owners rallied, and this game is now a million seller!

Go Uncharted! Can't wait for the sequel!

Obviously anyone who said that about this game didnt play it, it's like half movi, half game, it has a great story and keeps you guessing til the end, not to mention great gameplay.

Oh, I know.  Here is where I got it from.

Onimusha12 says:
Guess graphics aren't enough to move a title. Surprised Ps3 owners didn't gobble this up, they should be hungry for exclusives right about now.
Posted on: 11/28/07, 03:41

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
This game basically did it without Japan too. I guess there isnt japanese subtitles or voice overs for this game.

I thought it was localized (I remember a Japan trailer with Japanese voice).

edit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6vUNsB4UA 

Bump.

DMeisterJ said:
Username2324 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Read above title. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, produced exclusively for the Sony PlayStation 3 format has crossed the milestone of selling 1 million units worldwide. This game had an extremly slow start, and many people said this game would not sell, that "graphics don't sell a game", and things to the like, but PS3 owners rallied, and this game is now a million seller!

Go Uncharted! Can't wait for the sequel!

Obviously anyone who said that about this game didnt play it, it's like half movi, half game, it has a great story and keeps you guessing til the end, not to mention great gameplay.

Oh, I know. Here is where I got it from.

Onimusha12 says:
Guess graphics aren't enough to move a title. Surprised Ps3 owners didn't gobble this up, they should be hungry for exclusives right about now.
Posted on: 11/28/07, 03:41

I think it's annoying when people can only think of graphics in a discussion about a game. Uncharted had so much more, yet because it looks good, the 'oooh graphics don't mean everything' argument comes up.

Oh well, congrats for Uncharted. It was a good game and it's good that it's selling.

Well Onimusha talks shit alot, so I wouldn't even pay attention to what he says.

Anyways, fantastic news for Uncharted. You better thank me you f*ckers I was one of the many people who helped on that million >:[.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

GREAT!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far