By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you know about the original XBOX before the 360?

Alot of people i know didn't know about the original Xbox even most of the hardcore Xbox fans i met didn't know about it.  They think that the Xbox360 is Microsoft's first video game console.                                                                         

Around the Network

I have never heard of the original xbox until around 2004

Some kid in our school had one of them, and he happened to be the only one who had an xbox, and always started saying how xbox was better, and everyone told him to shutup

Good times

Things haven't changed though, everyone i know has a ps3 except for this one kid who never shuts up about it.

Yup, knew about it. Never cared too much, though.

Yes, I knew about it since 2000 and was very excited, buying magazines to hear more about it every month. The name sounded cool, "the Xbox".

However as it launched and time passed I lost interest. At that time I was a fan of colorful games and the Xbox did not have those.

Original XBOX? Hahaha, i almost fell for it! Stop making up hilarious stuff !

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

It was the second best selling console last gen, although it and Gamecube were close. Don't see how you could not have known about it unless you were very young, Halo was huge even then. Then again, I was in college so maybe that was more of an Xbox crowd. Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Crimson Skys... the box had a lot of exclusives and the best versions of multiplats. It was GC > XB > DC > PS2 for me.

Turkish said:
Yes, I knew about it since 2000 and was very excited, buying magazines to hear more about it every month. The name sounded cool, "the Xbox".

However as it launched and time passed I lost interest. At that time I was a fan of colorful games and the Xbox did not have those.

The original Xbox had more colorful games than PS2.

Wander_ said:
Turkish said:

I don't think so.

Yes. I played Halo 1, Halo 2, and Conker's Bad Fur Day: Live & Reloaded on it. Besides those games I didnt care much for it.

Turkish said:
Wander_ said:
Turkish said:

I don't think so.

Do some research than comeback i dare you to say the same thing.