By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just Realized

leo-j said:
Naw I thought ur point was that the ps2 still has alot of life in it,and is continuing to expand the gaming industry.

Is the PS2 really still expanding the video game industry at this point in time though? If someone buys a $700 12 year old car that will be lucky to work for a year, are they expanding the automobile industry?

I think there are 3rd variables here to consider.

Around the Network

well it is mostly due to supplies

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Price and the sheer amount of games would make good 3rd variables

ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
In before "Supply constraint!"

actualy it is, they are still filling rain-checks from Christmas.

I have no doubts that it is, I just expect most Wii fans (mostly Avinash_Tyagi) to tout its supply constraint, rather than congratulate the PS2, or say something constructive.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

PS2 did well this holiday season outsold the XBOX 360 in WW sales by 70k. On the largest week.

mM
Around the Network

Maybe it should still be amazing to many, many had already written off the PS2 for this year. The console performed really well in Europe and North America considering market saturation.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

brute said:
well it is mostly due to supplies

It was only a matter of time.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

MikeB said:

The console performed really well in Europe and North America considering market saturation.

One could liken this to the statement "though she did drown, she swam pretty well considering the strong undertoe."

I just realized... this thread is in violation of Forum Rule #1. It was a stunning realization. More descriptive thread titles are apparently helpful in the view of the person who made up the forum rules.

PS2 outsold Wii. Now that is... interesting. That might even make a good thread title, "PS2 outsold Wii the last two weeks". Hmm.

kvh22000 said:
avinash_Tyagi:" Wii will outsell the entire playstation family put together"

that cracks me up everytime i see it.

Playstation family 300 million
wii 20 million

almost there...ha ha.

Actually the playstation family of consoles is under 230 million, Wii will top them well before the PS family gets anywhere near 300 Million

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)