By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pandora's Tower for America confirmed!

Tagged games:

Alright NOA, you've officially earned back my respect. Still, too little too late I'm afraid.

Around the Network
melbye said:
It is a very good game, i actually think it is better than Last Story

I just have a few questions on this game, is the story captivating? How long aprox. does the game last?

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
melbye said:

I just have a few questions on this game, is the story captivating? How long aprox. does the game last?

I think the story is very good, but it can get a little complicated beyond the main plot of the game. It took me somewhere between 30-40 hours to get the best ending.

noname2200 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
spurgeonryan said:

This is the one of the three rainfall games I have wanted to play. Pre-order day one!

Project Rainfall had no affect. Nintendo was always going to publish them when and how they did. Nintendo didn't think they needed to both, until they saw giant holes in their release calender. That's what got the games published, not a few hundred letters from niche fans.

That does nothing to explain: 1) Xenoblade's highly restricted release (one retailer + online only), 2) why a (very small, very niche) third-party publisher had to step in for the remaining two titles, 3) why, of all the titles not localized, only these three were selected, or 4) why they're trying to "plug a hole" after the release of their next-generation console...with an extremely niche title being published by a puny third-party publisher who has extremely limited distribution channels (see step 2).

Additionally, and feel free to correct my memory here, but this is the only time I recall Nintendo ever actually bothering to release a public statement in response to any of the umpteen bajillion petitions they've received over the decades.

So, we can either take this mountain of evidence and conclude that it all adds up to OR having actually done something to persuade someone, somewhere, to publish these titles...or we can conclude that Nintendo is both grossly incompetent and batshit insane.

1. Nintendo made a deal with Gamestop so they could make what little money the niche game is worth to US audiences instead of a wide release that would cost them more to publish than they would make back.

2. Nintendo let a small publisher take the rains, (no pun intended), because they knew the games would make even less money than Xenoblade. Nintendo makes a litlle money but doesn't risk publishing the games themselves.

3. They had already been translated in Europe. Cheap and easy. If they really cared and wanted the games to sell millions they would have relocalized for the US.

4. They saw how Xenoblade was able to make a small profit and see no reason to throw away a game ready to ship with a Wii audience far larger than the Wii U base. If they really cared they would doa quick HD update and release it on Wii U or at least put it on the Wii Uware or whatever it's called.

Incompented? Probably not. Crazy? No. Smart about resource management. Definitly.

BTW, I'm goint to buy it just like I did Xenosaga. I'm still on the fence about The Last Story though, maybe used.

benji232 said:
melbye said:

From 1 to 10 the story is a 6, maybe 7. But it´s the battles against the bosses (they´re a lot) what makes this game so great, especially the final boss. 
Also the last 2 dungeons are very very hard.
I think maybe 15 to 16 hours of game to the first ending.

Around the Network

Extremely surprised. I can't wait to preorder it. :)

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

kain_kusanagi said:

1. Nintendo made a deal with Gamestop so they could make what little money the niche game is worth to US audiences instead of a wide release that would cost them more to publish than they would make back.

2. Nintendo let a small publisher take the rains, (no pun intended), because they knew the games would make even less money than Xenoblade. Nintendo makes a litlle money but doesn't risk publishing the games themselves.

3. They had already been translated in Europe. Cheap and easy. If they really cared and wanted the games to sell millions they would have relocalized for the US.

4. They saw how Xenoblade was able to make a small profit and see no reason to throw away a game ready to ship with a Wii audience far larger than the Wii U base. If they really cared they would doa quick HD update and release it on Wii U or at least put it on the Wii Uware or whatever it's called.

Incompented? Probably not. Crazy? No. Smart about resource management. Definitly.

Points one and two basically concedes then that neither Xenoblade nor The Last Story was ever intended by Nintendo to be a "gap filler" of any appreciable sort. Which means they weren't gap fillers at all. And if points three and four are correct, then we should expect a localization of Fatal Frame II shortly, no?

I'd also point out, for point three in particular, that historically localization for North American titles has been handled in North America, not Europe. If NoA was always going to localize those titles, Europe would not have been the ones handling the translation job, NoA's translators would have. Point four also bears commenting on, as there's really no such thing as a "quick HD update." Contrary to popular belief, those take an appreciable amount of time and resources.

As an aside, the expression is "take the reins," as in the object you use to guide an animal you are riding.

noname2200 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Points one and two basically concedes then that neither Xenoblade nor The Last Story was ever intended by Nintendo to be a "gap filler" of any appreciable sort. Which means they weren't gap fillers at all. And if points three and four are correct, then we should expect a localization of Fatal Frame II shortly, no?

I'd also point out, for point three in particular, that historically localization for North American titles has been handled in North America, not Europe. If NoA was always going to localize those titles, Europe would not have been the ones handling the translation job, NoA's translators would have. Point four also bears commenting on, as there's really no such thing as a "quick HD update." Contrary to popular belief, those take an appreciable amount of time and resources.

As an aside, the expression is "take the reins," as in the object you use to guide an animal you are riding.

Well, you are right the rains/reins type. So that's one for you. :p

Nice. Another RPG I can play when I buy my Wii U (needs my money to get hear now!!!!!!!)

I can't understand why ppl still say that Op.Rainfall did'nt have anything to do with these games coming in NA. I can possibly give the benefit of the doubt for Xenoblade, but for The Last Story XSEEED made the decision to contact Nintendo to see if they could publish the game. If Xseed never did the initiative, we would have never seen it. And the reason why Xseed decided to contact Nintendo is that they knew that their was a demand for it. If it was'nt for Op.Rainfall, they would never have any idea of what the demand was. Also, if it wasnt for rainfall, the demand would have been much lower. How many ppl even heard of these games and the hype surounding it only because of Rainfall. W/o it, they would have been alot less hype, therefore alot less demand.

On Topic: I believe it is to little to late. Pandora's Tower seems to be the weaker game of the 3. I believe alot of ppl are not wiling to go back last gen or dust off their Wii for this game. I'm not sure if I will be picking this up, and if I am not sure, I believe ALOT other ppl will be like me since I'm one of Nintendo's bigest suporter. I can't see how Pandora's tower could possibly attract anywhere near as much hype as the previous 2. I hope I'm wrong tho and If I buy this game, the main reason would be to support Xseed and not for the game itself.

I'm also happy to hear that Last Story was Xseed most successful game. They only sold around 160k units of the game... Hopefully we will see less ''X is a major flop, we need to talk about it'' thread as soon as a game does'nt hit 1mil.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)